Coloured grouting - yay or nay?

(16 Posts)
livinginabox Mon 22-Aug-16 22:36:09

Just having the bathroom refine and have been asked out which colour grouting we'd like. It's pretty plain in there, large white tiles and grey floor.

I'm tempted to have a pale grey grouting as it discolours over time or just stick to white. Anyone have thoughts on this?

starsinyourpies Mon 22-Aug-16 22:38:32

If you're having grey tiles I'd definitely have grey grouting. Either way it will be grey in a year!

KingJoffreyLikesJaffaCakes Mon 22-Aug-16 22:38:34

I think it will look like a public toilet.

I like coloured grouting but go for red or pink. Grey will just look like grubby grouting.

Hagothehills Mon 22-Aug-16 22:39:36

Would pale grey not just look permanently dirty? If it was something like blue or pink grouting it would be different but could look good. I think I'd stick with white personally so I can just throw bleach at it and be done with it

bestofbothhovis Mon 22-Aug-16 22:41:45

We've moved into a flat and previous tenants thought white tiles and the painting the grout black would look good. It looks so disgusting but I haven't got around to changing it yet as it's not on the essential list of things to do

fuzzywuzzy Mon 22-Aug-16 22:44:26

DP's got white tiles with light grey marbling effect in his bathroom, he chose grey grouting for it, it looks really good

HerRoyalNotness Mon 22-Aug-16 22:44:54

We have pale grey against white subway tiles on walls and mottled grey marble floor tiles. looks fresh, I prefer it over White grout immensely

dietcokeandwine Mon 22-Aug-16 22:46:17

I would always match the grout to the tile colour, so if you have grey floor tiles then get a coordinating grey grout but stick to white grout for white wall tiles.

MakemineaGandT Mon 22-Aug-16 22:47:19

Grey. Definitely.

JasperDamerel Mon 22-Aug-16 22:55:01

I have grey in my kitchen and it looks much better than white.

livinginabox Tue 23-Aug-16 08:46:48

Thanks all, looks like grey they way forwards so will go for that all round.

livinginabox Tue 23-Aug-16 20:50:10

Pale grey grouting fine today and it looks fab! Very pleased.

Polpette Fri 26-Aug-16 18:50:41

Do you have a photo you could share OP? Would love to see how it came out. I'm about to do my bathroom and have the same dilemma.

TheHobbitMum Sat 27-Aug-16 19:42:24

I have small white tiles with mid grey grouting and sealant in my bathroom. I love it :D

WhimsicalWinnifred Sat 27-Aug-16 19:44:50

I think dark grey is best as discolouration and dirt over time will be hidden.

A hungry horse I went to had white tiles and red grouting. It looked amazing. Would you try that?

TheElementsSong Wed 31-Aug-16 22:26:52

We have grey grouting against white-and-marble-print tiles in our new en suite. Very happy with it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now