Talk

Advanced search

Dulux light & Space, or Endurance in dark hallway?

(7 Posts)
Fidelia Mon 22-Aug-16 17:46:48

I have a very dark inner hallway to redecorate. It's basically a square shape with the stairs on one side (taking up 1/3) and doors to the lounge, kitchen and study. I'm turning it into a very small TV-free sitting room

I'm thinking of going with either Dulux Light & Space in Nordic Spa, or the Endurance paint in Wellbeing. Any thoughts?

wonderwoo Mon 22-Aug-16 18:07:11

I don't know what those colours are like, but I have endurance in my hallway, and so glad I do. Its so easy to supervise off the constant handprints from mucky kids. I looked into the light and space paint, and seem to remember a review from a decorator saying it was a nightmare to use.

wonderwoo Mon 22-Aug-16 18:07:36

*wipe not supervise.

JT05 Mon 22-Aug-16 18:29:53

I have used it twice, once on plaster and once on lining paper. I put it on with rollers and it was ok. I don't know if it really helped the rooms to be any lighter, though.

wowfudge Mon 22-Aug-16 18:50:22

Ooh - we've got Nordic Spa in one of our rooms (not our choice). It's quite cool feeling and hallways are supposed to be warm and welcoming. I'd go for Endurance in a hallway I think, Wellbeing is a pretty green.

StepAwayFromTheThesaurus Mon 22-Aug-16 19:37:14

Light and space is crap. The coverage is awful and it exacerbates any imperfections in your walls.

We've put diamond Matt on instead and it was great. It made the hall lighter than the light and space did (even if you tried to ignore the patchiness).

Fidelia Mon 22-Aug-16 23:24:08

Thank you! Looks like the endurance/diamond paint is the way to go.

Wellbeing looks like this: mugofstrongtea.blogspot.co.uk/2010/11/it-started-in-kitchen-and-ended-in.html

I have dark floor boards, dark wood stairs and, unfortunately, cheap dark flat doors....with gloss white skirting and door frames hmm

I already have two of these chairs: www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/10295902/

with these cushions:
www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebaseuk/cosy-cushion-340581

And I'm turning the tiny space under the stairs into a den for the dc (with a rug and colourful cushions)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now