Talk

Advanced search

Shower set up - QS Supplies or Victorian Plumbing?

(9 Posts)
dragonsarebest Mon 15-Aug-16 13:02:26

I'm planning to redo our bathroom and the old threads have been really helpful - so much brilliant advice about taps and grout etc that I'd never have considered, thanks.

So I have some qs for you knowledgeable people, please. I've found this mixer shower that seems to tick all our boxes. My first q is, can anyone see any immediate problems with this set-up? The second q is that I've had a search online and it's a couple of hundred quid cheaper at QS Supplies here, but I've seen mixed reviews for both companies, so does anyone have any recent experience of either, good or bad? I'd love to save some money obviously but not if it's going to give me unnecessary stress.

Thanks so much for any advice flowers

Ididthattoo Mon 15-Aug-16 13:37:33

I have had lots of problems with Qs supplies . They say they have items in stock and they don't etc. Getting a refund is a nightmare. My advice: don't use them. Good luck with your purchase.

dragonsarebest Mon 15-Aug-16 16:10:03

Thanks, that's exactly the sort of thing I was worried about so that's really helpful.

Humptynumpty02 Mon 15-Aug-16 18:18:48

QS Supplies, hmm...

A couple of weeks ago I ordered a towel rail and a vanity unit and basin from them. They instantly took my money, no issues there, however 10inutes later they emailed to say the vanity unit was a made to order piece (said 10-14 days in the listing) with an ETA of 5 weeks and did I want to go ahead with it or cancel. I decided to cancel the vanity unit and basin as I could get it quicker elsewhere but continue with my towel rail order.

This is where the issues started, a day later I noticed they hadn't refunded the cost of the vanity unit and visit so I enquired only to be told they would only process it when the rest of the order was delivered. Strange I said, I didn't order the vanity unit and basin in the end so why we're they charging me for it and then refusing to refund it. It's 2 weeks now and I still haven't got my refund.

The towel rail arrived super quickly and with no fuss, so I commend them there but on the refund side they are a bunch of crooks.

Ididthattoo Mon 15-Aug-16 18:37:19

Humptynumpty are you me? I had a Very, very similar issue and still waiting for a refund. Please avoid Qs supplies they also trade under other names. To the op, aqva is the same as Qs supplies (the reviews are terrible) and the same as tivolis design

PumpingRSI Mon 15-Aug-16 20:46:58

We didn't have a great experience with Victorian Plumbing in afraid. We got it cheap and it felt cheap, shower tray came with marks on, cistern for toilet not v big or powerful etc.

heyjoe Sat 27-Aug-16 16:54:11

I have Purchased from QS Supplies, and they were good in terms of service and dispatch. I would definitely recommend them

MrsAlwaysRight Sat 27-Aug-16 21:22:47

Almost bought a shower from QS as significantly cheaper but was scared off by bad reviews online.

PigletJohn Sun 28-Aug-16 00:17:34

If you want a good-quality shower, you can't do better than Aqualisa.

However if you want a retro style, I think Bristan do something similar, and are a very sound maker.

There is no need to restrict yourself to boutique vendors. There are plenty of plumbing suppliers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now