Talk

Advanced search

An amazing contraption for over a radiator?

(12 Posts)
twolittleboysonetiredmum Sun 14-Aug-16 19:58:38

I'm trying to find something to replace a single towel rail over a radiator in our bathroom. There are 5 of us attempting to dry towels and it just isn't working. The best thing I can find is a double towel rail but they look a bit useless. Is there some amazing and sturdy thing I can buy?! We can't replace radiator with a heated towel rail as too pricey at mo. Radiator next to loo so it can't stick out too far either. Am I looking for the impossible?!

JT05 Sun 14-Aug-16 20:05:15

What about a row of coat hooks? We have a shelf with hooks underneath, above our bathroom radiator and the towels are fine.

legotits Sun 14-Aug-16 20:08:46

We had coat hooks too.

Worked fine until we changed the rad.

HerdsOfWilderbeest Sun 14-Aug-16 20:11:33

Suspend this from the ceiling. All your prayers answered.

www.pulleymaid.com/classic_clothes_airer.htm

twolittleboysonetiredmum Sun 14-Aug-16 20:20:47

I debated that Herds but our bathroom is tiny (barely fits the bath in there) so there wouldn't be room.
Coat hooks is intriguing, do you mean like on a wooden plank like you put in cloakrooms?

legotits Sun 14-Aug-16 20:22:07

I bought an overdoor hanger thing and bent the over bit.
Was only a pound grin

Pigleychez Sun 14-Aug-16 20:42:19

Would something like this work?
www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/60047896/

or hanging like this?
www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/80203796/

SwedishEdith Sun 14-Aug-16 20:59:10

Any good?

twolittleboysonetiredmum Sun 14-Aug-16 21:17:09

Ooh some good ideas thank you! I'm actually wondering f maybe a long one on the door might be better, like in your link Swedish. Do you think it would mount on a door? Would towels dry or is over the radiator the only way? I'm not sure if hooks over radiator would work for bigger towels...

HerdsOfWilderbeest Sun 14-Aug-16 21:21:49

Could you not put it in the kitchen? Clothes dry overnight.

JT05 Sun 14-Aug-16 21:32:54

The coat hooks are under the shelf, which is a unit with three baskets. I bought it from Argos! They might still have it in the catalogue. The towels hang down over the rad so dry.

aaahhhBump Mon 15-Aug-16 06:58:48

Just seen this on pintres

pin.it/phQ0Qj9

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now