Oven next to fridge

(8 Posts)
Pigleychez Sat 13-Aug-16 15:36:45

Currently planning our new Kitchen and one of the designers we used has placed the fridge and oven next to each other.
It didnt really register until showing my parents who pointed it out saying they thought that wasnt a good idea because of heat from the oven making the fridge work harder.

Is that still the case or are appliances better for that now?

Out2pasture Sat 13-Aug-16 15:42:30

I would still consider it an issue, but I'd be okay if there was a small 6" drawer in between.
I have a 2016 Samsung range and the two drawers on each side ( long skinny ones) get very warm ( I open them up when I run the self clean 3-4 times a year).

LotsOfDots Sat 13-Aug-16 15:42:39

Our oven is next to the fridge. It's not a problem. Fridges generate heat themselves in operation.

MeredithTThomas Sun 14-Aug-16 14:44:22

I agree with LotsOfDots. I don't think there's any problem the oven being placed beside the fridge.

Alwaysinahurrynow Sun 14-Aug-16 14:57:09

Definitely not a big issue. Fridges generate heat 24/7 whilst ovens only create heat when they are one.

OnePlanOnHouzz Sun 14-Aug-16 17:55:05

Modern fridges next up ovens is ok - some free standing ones require extra space left around them for air circulation and some require extra space to the sides for thicker door openings... Some Integrated ones may require ventilation grilles in the plinth area... As long as there's some worktop close to the oven to set down hot things and the fridge and oven don't block a main walkway when opened , it should be fine... As I've offered before to other mumsnetters - if you would like me to safety check a plan you aren't sure of - I'll happily do that FOC for mumsnetters ! Just find my email details via the other site mentioned in my user name and email it to me ! smile

aaahhhBump Sun 14-Aug-16 20:53:42

Was on a show home today it had a built in fridge freezer with a built in oven next to it and the microwave above the oven. Glossy dark wood finish on cabinets. Looked fantastic.

woodhill Sun 14-Aug-16 20:54:49

My wall oven is next to the fridge here too, never been a problem.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now