Talk

Advanced search

Bedfordshire

(5 Posts)
Lisacm1986 Wed 10-Aug-16 14:17:57

Hello all,

I wondering if anyone can offer a little advice on the Bedfordshire area. I have look at other threads but they are very old now. We are looking to move up from herts and have been looking at clophill. Barton le clay, toddington and whipsnade. Any red flags I should be aware of? I know St. Albans and harpenden are recommended in Herts but I find them a bit too snobby and unfriendly IMO. We have a healthy budget and would like a village with a real sense of community. Any recommendations would be gratefully received. TIA

niputaidea Tue 30-Aug-16 12:57:25

Just moved to Henlow from London and love it. Its near Arlesey station and good commute. Lower school is full in some yearvgroups but my daughter is going to Langford in the next village instead. Son is going to middle school in village. We chose Henlow over Shefford and Clifton as it was nearer train station.

Redhound Tue 30-Aug-16 13:53:57

I used to live near Milton Keynes not far from that area. I recall there was a lot of residential building works creeping outwards around the area, so check local plans. Ampthill always seemed nice when I visited. Leighton Buzzard was always good value and nothing wrong with it other than some traffic jams. I moved away from the area for various reasons, wouldn't go back as too overcrowded and not my cup of tea but cant think of anything inherently wrong with it.

elvisola Tue 30-Aug-16 14:02:00

Flitwick is lovely and worth a look

puggymummy1 Tue 30-Aug-16 14:43:21

I'm in a North Bedfordshire village. It's great here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now