Talk

Advanced search

Tiles missing after moving house

(6 Posts)
Lemansky Mon 08-Aug-16 16:17:57

We moved house at the end of November and have finally got around to unpacking the last of the boxes. We had 2 boxes of spare floor tiles and 1 box of spare wall tiles in our old flat that we were planning on taking to the new house and using there. They were stored under our bed and should have been packed up with the rest of our stuff.

Oddly enough we can't find them anywhere - they're weren't in any of the boxes we've just unpacked and they're not in the couple we have remaining, as we've gone through them all and know what's left.

The wall tiles were really heavy too, so should have been easy to find in amongst all of the stuff. We do have the spare role of carpet and other bits that were under the bed, so it's not like they weren't seen when the packing was being done.

I also know that they weren't left in the flat when we moved out as we did a last check and clean before we handed the keys in and was completely empty.

Would it be ok to email the removal company and ask if they've got them in the lost property or their storage place by accident? It's annoying as they were going to be used - having the floor tiles meant that we wouldn't have to pay to get new flooring in the bathroom or toilet. The wall tiles were lovely Italian tiles and quite expensive so we wanted to use them as well.

It's probably too late to ask the company, but I didn't want to do it earlier in case they did turn up eventually. Any thoughts on what I should do?
Thanks very much.

Missgraeme Mon 08-Aug-16 16:28:09

Go around to Mr Removal Man's house and admire his new bathroom tiling?

Lemansky Mon 08-Aug-16 17:03:17

Ha yes, I do fear that could be the case. They were so good & professional though I'm really hoping it was just a case of the box being misplaced...probably not though!

brodchengretchen Mon 08-Aug-16 17:24:24

When do you last remember seeing the tiles, OP? If it's some while back they could have gone any time between then and the move. Who has keys or has been in the house? I would be livid about this, I hope you find them!

JT05 Mon 08-Aug-16 17:48:10

Have you emptied all your boxes? We found some things were packed with unrelated items in the last few boxes.

Lemansky Mon 08-Aug-16 20:26:11

I do remember seeing them before we moved, they were under my side of our very low bed & I was always hitting my foot on them, so I knew where they were.

We have some boxes left but we've been through them all, there are 2 of pictures/ornaments, a couple of alcohol & the rest are DVDs. We've been through them all though, no hidden tiles in any of them confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now