Talk

Advanced search

Is my Vendor a fraud?

(6 Posts)
sellotape12 Fri 29-Jul-16 11:39:33

Nightmare vendor. Why am I doing this?

Sorry to rant again. We've had our place on the market since March and then found somewhere to buy in May. Last week we found our our first time buyer had pulled out, without warning. They won’t get in touch whatsoever, so we’re racing to find a new buyer for our flat. I have cried, lost sleep and vowed to move on and find a new buyer.

Now the place we’re buying looks uncertain. The EA said the vendor isn’t taking it seriously at all. He hasn’t put a single offer in in eleven weeks. The EA told us he was thinking of moving to rented to close off the chain - now she says he has no money in the bank whatsoever to rent. He’s not doing any viewings, hasn’t made any enquiries and won’t discuss the risk (that we pull out). There are scant other properties on the market - just the leftover tat that nobody wants. Because of Brexit, the market here in SE London died.

So far we have spent £3,500 in detailed surveys and other fees. I don’t know what to do, it’s the most stressful thing I have ever done. F* you Brexit!
Do we cut all our losses and cancel the whole thing til next year, when hopefully things pick up? Have a baby in a too-small flat? Or just persevere?

Sorry to sound so sulky.

YelloDraw Fri 29-Jul-16 12:25:20

Oh no!

I guess if he doesn't want to move, he won't be bothered by your threat to move out. But you can't just wait for ever if he isn't serious.

I think the best course of action would be to give an ultimatum - if we don't exchange in [2] weeks we are going back to the market and start making offers on other properties.

The EA won't want to loose the sale so will hopefully be trying to sort the issue out.

specialsubject Fri 29-Jul-16 12:51:29

Forget this vendor now and get house hunting. And don't buy the wrong house just because you are desperate.

Babies don't need much space.

VioletBam Fri 29-Jul-16 13:05:58

Move on. Babies don't know where they are!

Spickle Fri 29-Jul-16 13:06:12

Most importantly, you need to find another buyer for your own property.

cexuwaleozbu Fri 29-Jul-16 13:10:47

He's not a fraud. He's just not that interested in moving.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now