Advanced search


(1 Post)
Fadingmemory Thu 28-Jul-16 14:58:19

I live in a Victoria house. A damp patch on an internal wall has been "diagnosed" as condensation due to the high moisture content in the air. A specialist damp company is going to remove the skirting, "core out" the damp, install a membrane and replaster the area. The company's surveyor also suggested installation of a Nuaire Cyfan extractor in the kitchen. The unit he suggested can be set to a trickle rate which automatically increases when the moisture content in the air increases. However it is a large clumsy object. I wondered if there is another, more compact extractor that would do the job. The kitchen has 3 outside walls, measures 16ft x 12ft and there is no door between it and the next room which is 12ft x 10 (TV room). Any advice gratefully received.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now