Hansa Wood summer houses - anyone have experience of buying from them?

(9 Posts)
Clockworklemon Sun 24-Jul-16 20:58:04

Just that really... About to splash £6k on a summer house and despite searching on Google can't find any independent reviews of them as a company. Slightly nervous - although the website looks nice I know that doesn't mean anything (Dunster house reviews shocking but website looks great).

Has anyone got any stories good or bad to tell me about this company?

Thanks

Clockworklemon Sun 24-Jul-16 21:00:41

Ps also known as Summerhouse 24

GreenBudgie Sun 24-Jul-16 21:15:46

Hello Clockwork. We spent about 6 months looking at log cabins/summer houses last year. We were tempted by Duster House website as they are always first hit in any web search, and went to there show site to view them. We were really disappointed at the build quality. Have you looked at log cabins? They are much better quality and we settled on a Skinner's Sheds log cabin. They deliver free in South East (don't know where you live). We received excellent service and a good quality cabin at a good price.

Clockworklemon Sun 24-Jul-16 21:27:13

Hi Budgie, yes we're in the SE, thanks for the tip, will check them out. Here's the one we're looking at: summerhouse24.co.uk/modern/luxury-summer-house-storage-room-hansa-lounge-xxl-22m²-44mm-8-x-5-m/

Summerhouse 24 are in Devon, bit of a trek for us and probably madness to buy before seeing one?

GreenBudgie Sun 24-Jul-16 21:35:29

Looks great Clockwork :-). Log cabins are really sturdy, I would advice you to actually walk round one to get a feel for the build quality before you buy. Cabins are so much better than solid panel she'd type summer houses. Ours is smaller than the model you want, but we practically live in it weekends and summer evenings. I love it, it's the best thing in terms of enjoyment per £ spent I have.

TheresaMaybutSheMayNot Mon 25-Jul-16 07:22:23

We bought a log cabin last summer from 'Tuin' - not sure if they have the style you are looking for but can't fault them for quality. It's been up a year now - it's insulated and has electricity and heating. We've used it all through the winter with no problems. We love ours.
Incidentally we looked at Skinners Sheds too - went to the show place, decided against them because of big gaps in the display cabin! Glad yours is ok Greenbudgie, I definitely agree with you, log cabins are much sturdier than summer houses.

Clockworklemon Mon 25-Jul-16 20:24:46

The Tuin log cabins look great and similar style to the Summerhouse24 Hansa ones, thanks TheresaMay (surprised you had the time to reply due to your busy job! wink)

I know the sensible thing is to go and look at the actual cabins, just not sure we can fit in a trip to Devon or wherever and want to order it asap but would probably kick myself if the quality isn't up to standard.

GreenBudgie Mon 25-Jul-16 20:44:43

Glad you have a cabin you love Theresa :-).

TheresaMaybutSheMayNot Mon 25-Jul-16 22:20:57

LOL! Well I am terribly busy but Brexit is less important than log cabins, obvs. If you want to PM me Clockwork and let me know where you are, if you are near us you are welcome to come and see ours. A friend of a friend did the same for us so I'm happy to pass that favour on smile.
I did hours and hours of research and really think the Tuin cabins are top notch.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now