Talk

Advanced search

Hive thermostat

(5 Posts)
emmabrown123 Sun 24-Jul-16 19:14:57

Hi all. After moving house on Friday there are a few things I'm still trying to figure out with the new place.

The main thing is the Hive system this guy has had installed. He's had the original thermostat taken off and replaced with a Hive box. He tried to sell us this Hive box but we declined.

The problem seems to be this Hive box is now 'offline' (don't know whether it needs something to make it 'online') and we therefore have no thermostat at all. Obviously not much of a problem in this weather but would like to get it sorted.

Does anyone know anything about these Hive thingys?!

Or how much it would cost to have the original thermostat put back on?

Any advice would be great, thanks!

ophiotaurus Sun 24-Jul-16 19:29:31

I got this from the hive website.
Did the previous owner leave the items mentioned?

www.hivehome.com/faqs/Help_Using_Hive/HUH_General/If-I-buy-Hive-and-then-move-home-what-should-I-do-new

ophiotaurus Sun 24-Jul-16 19:30:34

A ha!
These are instructions for if you move into a house with hive

www.hivehome.com/faqs/Help_Using_Hive/HUH_General/Ive-moved-into-a-house-that-has-Hive-installed-what-should-I-do

emmabrown123 Sun 24-Jul-16 19:50:35

Ahhh brill. So reading into it if I want to do all the fancy pants stuff I need to buy a Hive hub, but it'll work fine as a thermostat without one (he's left the correct bits).

Thank you! Problem solved!

ophiotaurus Sun 24-Jul-16 22:57:44

You're welcome glad it helped smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now