Talk

Advanced search

Letting agent recommendations Chesterfield, Derbyshire

(5 Posts)
SecretSeven Thu 21-Jul-16 12:31:52

Hello

We have a one bedroom property in Chesterfield that we would like to let out, which we would do via an agent on a fully managed basis.

We have avoided everyone who has given themselves obviously fake reviews on Google (surprisingly, four of them have reviews by their own staff members!) and had Blundells and Frank Innes come to give quotes.

I'd love to find an independent agent. I think either of the ones that visit would be OK, but they both offer a very similar package as both are owned by the same company. I am a bit concerned that as both are large, national chains that we would be passed around if there was a problem. I am a small business owner myself, and I know being able to deal with one person is a massive advantage with this sort of service.

While we appreciate value, we don't care about finding the lowest price. We want a reliable agent, who won't land us with a bad tenant and will manage everything for us.

Any suggestions appreciated.

specialsubject Thu 21-Jul-16 14:34:05

You also want perpetual motion and cold fusion, I take it? smile

The buck stops with you as the landlord. The more you get the agent to do, the more it costs and there's no guarantees.

Initial questions include insurance and financial security. What stops them disappearing with your money or that of the tenant, either through fraud or insolvency? What tenant checks do they do? Do those checks suffice for all your insurances? When are those insurances not valid?

And so on...

SecretSeven Thu 21-Jul-16 15:13:33

I know you are trying to help, Specialsubject , but sometimes you come across as quite patronising.

Anyway, thanks for the advice, but I was looking for a specific recommendation, not a checklist of questions to find an agent; I could get that from Google smile .

I own several properties in Berkshire and Oxfordshire already, but this one came our way as something of a bargain. I have two brilliant agents who manage our other properties, but don't have any contacts here.

Still, I appreciate your trying to help.

So. Does anyone else have any experiences with letting agents in Chesterfield, Derbyshire? Good or bad, I'd appreciate your thoughts.

specialsubject Thu 21-Jul-16 16:20:37

Oh dear, too technical a joke for fluffy mn?

Wishing you what you deserve. Bye

SecretSeven Thu 21-Jul-16 16:51:59

What does that even mean? Weirdo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now