Advanced search

Building Regulations

(4 Posts)
agnesrose86 Tue 12-Jul-16 19:40:51

Sorry if this is a dim question...In a few weeks time we are having our stair case moved to another part of the house to create a large kitchen diner with new bifold doors and a small utility room with downstairs toilet. We have a large building company installing the bifold doors, a specialist joinery company making the new stairs and a local builder doing the making good and plumbing. What, if anything, do I need to do about building regulations? Is it the responsibility of each individual trades person or should I submit a building notice application for the whole project?

BennyTheBall Tue 12-Jul-16 20:11:27

Yes, you need to submit an application to cover all the structural work.

Sometimes builders or architects do it on the owner's behalf, but it is your responsibility.

agnesrose86 Tue 12-Jul-16 20:15:56

Ok thank you. It's looks like the fee is about £300 + VAT. Does that sound about right?

BennyTheBall Tue 12-Jul-16 20:59:07

Yes, depends on the cost of the work.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now