Talk

Advanced search

Sofa reupholstery in central London - Ligne Roset

(5 Posts)
frenchielala Tue 05-Jul-16 11:40:57

I have a 10+ year old sofa that is getting threadbare on the seat of the sofa that needs reupholstering. Any suggestions? I've got in touch with a few places but no one that has experience of Ligne Roset got back to me - all those with that sort of experience wanted us to ship the sofa to Europe to have it done! Not happening.

Can anyone suggest/recommend any reupholsters in London? We are ideally looking for someone to come and do it at ours as the sofa is just so huge.

Thanks so much.

MissArizona Fri 05-May-17 00:16:19

Did you ever find a reupholster? I have a 10+ year old Ligne Roset Togo that has seen better days. I am keen to clean or possibly recover - although I remember when I purchased it, they said neither was possible.

The only firm I found was in Europe and they charge as much to recover as I paid for the sofa new!

helterskelter99 Fri 05-May-17 00:27:32

www.vintiqueupholstery.com

helterskelter99 Fri 05-May-17 00:27:58

Although not a cheap option!

Mybossisashitbag Fri 05-May-17 20:45:20

I had a Ligne Roset sofa recovered about 4 years ago - it was about 10 yrs old then. I wasn't incredibly well researched and found someone online who basically came to the house measured it and returned with the fabric cut, sewn and ready to replace the existing fabric. Strictly speaking this was a recovering rather than a reupholstering. I think the all in cost was about £1700 but more than half the cost was the fabric. Overall I'm pleased with it - the sofa definitely doesn't look it's age although the fabric does sag a little but that could be because it's tweed rather than the workmanship. I can post the guy's email if you like.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now