spare reception room / family room ideas

(5 Posts)
poppygolightly Sun 03-Jul-16 13:41:05

We have a second reception room in our house which doesn't really get much use except when my mum stays and uses the double sofa bed. Currently it seems a bit of a waste of space but I'm not sure what to do with it. We already have a massive kitchen diner so don't need a dining room.
The room is around 15ft by 12ft and I've attached some photos.
I need to keep the sofa bed but am not attached to anything else. I have 2 children aged 8 and 10..
Any ideas?

trickyex Sun 03-Jul-16 14:03:13

Could you make it as den for the children to use as they grow older?
or a study/library/music room?

titchy Sun 03-Jul-16 14:08:42

Kids playroom. Add tv, table football / Lego / trains / jigsaw / colouring in table, a shelving unit for toys and you're done!

wobblywonderwoman Sun 03-Jul-16 17:18:04

I think it would be a perfect study. Lots of bookcases and a nice desk. I would change the lights to something brighter.

Gorgeous space

Obeliskherder Sun 03-Jul-16 19:34:50

What a luxury! I guess if you needed a study it'd already be a study, and if you needed a music room you'd already have one etc.

Our playroom has morphed into a kind of music room atm. Longer term I think we'll put a second tv in there. You probably have space for a pool table/ table tennis / air hockeyif you want.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now