Talk

Advanced search

no window in bathroom on external wall.

(7 Posts)
Sunnyshine Sun 03-Jul-16 12:17:55

Hi how easy is it to put a window in a bathroom if it's on an external wall!? Why wouldn't you put one in in the first place? Thanks

BluePitchFork Sun 03-Jul-16 12:21:43

we considered enlarging the window opening in our cloakroom so that we could actually get a window fitted that could open.
would have been hideously expensive, and requiring planning permission+building control.
we decided to go with an extractor fan instead (still cost 500£ for a days labour and parts)

LIZS Sun 03-Jul-16 12:23:24

Would it overlook neighbours or was it a new build built to spec as if a terrace. It allows a more flexible layout. An internal bathroom isn't an issue for everyone although I prefer a window.

madmother1 Sun 03-Jul-16 12:26:31

I've got an internal bathroom. I'd prefer a window to be honest if you can do it. Do it 😊

Sunnyshine Sun 03-Jul-16 19:34:28

It's a new build that is end terrace. Just find it odd that if you could put one in as a builder why wouldn't you ?

Scribblegirl Sun 03-Jul-16 19:37:07

If it's a new build I'm guessing all the houses in the terrace are to an identical design - so you don't have a window because none of the others could, if that makes sense.

BluePitchFork Sun 03-Jul-16 19:38:44

in our case (victorian terrace) the bathroom is in the end bit overlooking the neighbours cloakroom window. hence pp required.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now