Polyflor Camaro glue down LVTs

(12 Posts)
Ntinyn Fri 01-Jul-16 22:20:49

Has anyone got these glue down Camaro vinyl tiles? Considering them as a cost effective alternative to Amtico / Karndean. Wondering about the quality once laid? Any issues?

I didn't fully appreciate the installation costs though... Plywood, adhesive etc. After the £20/ sqm for the tiles seems to be a further £40/ sqm for all the extras. Is this normal?

wowfudge Fri 01-Jul-16 23:18:01

It's the same amount of work for the fitter whichever product you go for. You can shop around and see if anyone is cheaper. Imo good fitting is the key though. We had Polyflor Colonia in our old bathroom. It was really good.

Ntinyn Sat 02-Jul-16 07:30:50

Thanks wowfudge. Agree about the fitting. Thanks for the Colonia feedback, I like some of those too for bathroom actually.

allwornout0 Sat 02-Jul-16 08:58:46

I have it in my kitchen, clock room and hallway. It looks really good and even after a few years and i'm really pleased I choose it.

Ntinyn Sat 02-Jul-16 09:11:25

That's good to know. We want for kitchen and hallway too. Thank you

wowfudge Sat 02-Jul-16 09:49:00

Incidentally, we have recently moved to a house with both Amtico and Karndean flooring in various places. The untextured stuff is scratched in high traffic areas, however it has been down for around 15 years. It's not really noticeable except when I'm cleaning it.

Ntinyn Sat 02-Jul-16 09:54:36

I didn't think about texturing and scratching actually. We have shortlisted only those samples with texture simply because I prefer it but be better long term in that case. Camaro has a 10 year guarantee, so expected to not last as long as Amtico / Karndean but that is reflected in the price.

Emily7708 Sat 02-Jul-16 12:14:36

We just had an eye watering quote for Polyflor Camaro so will have to rethink our plans. The guy who came to measure up said that a lot of people are going for a newish product called Camaro Loc which is basically a wood plank with an LVT glued to the top. It can be laid on top of old vinyl flooring so the prep costs are low and the fitting costs are the same as laminate. We've got a few samples and it looks good. I'm gutted really as we have moved to a new house with karndean throughout, it's so well fitted and looks as good as new but it's the ugliest design ever. It seems criminal to rip it up.

Dizzydodo Sat 02-Jul-16 13:17:20

We had camaro in our old house, can't remember if we've got camaro or karndean in our current house! They are pretty similar I think, hard wearing, low maintenance and a nice range of colours/styles.

Ntinyn Sun 03-Jul-16 10:38:36

Emily was your quote as eye watering as £60 sqm all in for fitting etc too? I was really shocked at my quote given that the product itself is a third of that price. Thanks for the tip on the loc range. We're having an extension built and the floor will go into various parts of new and existing flooring so I suppose we will still have to pay for the floor to be perfectly level before even the loc is laid.

Emily7708 Sun 03-Jul-16 17:15:29

Yes exactly £60 sqm but agreed he would do a deal at a bargain £54! I didn't expect fitting costs to be more than £15 sqm so was way out.

Ntinyn Sun 03-Jul-16 18:16:54

We were totally off too, but sort of makes be me feel better that it's the going rate, just read an email this morning - he's just offered me a discount too after my dismay, so it would be the equivalent of £56! So you've got a better deal wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now