Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

AAARGH this house sale is driving me mad!!!

(2 Posts)
emmabrown123 Fri 01-Jul-16 13:23:16

Sold our house (new build) back in March to a cash buyer. Had an offer accepted on another property (also new build) with no upward chain. On the face of it seemed like it'd be a smooth transaction. But no!!!!

We're now in July and have one last hurdle (problem with the developer not having the right documentation for the drains). We have email reassurance from them that everything was done properly but not the actual piece of paper. Have taken this to our buyer and waiting to hear whether he will exchange contracts without having the actual document in hand.

If he says no the document could take up to 3 months to get and I'm currently 34 weeks pregnant!! Am refreshing my emails every 2 minutes to see if there's been any news. It's driving me mad!!!

Sorry, probably no real point in this post, just needed to get it off my chest!!

NoonarAgain Fri 01-Jul-16 15:36:50

emma, i am not an expert at all but i understand that sometimes properties can exchange with a retention for outstanding issues. could you possibly exchange but your buyer withhold the cost of getting the drains redone if you failed to supply the certificate? ( i'm sure someone else could explain it better.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now