Advanced search

Student lodger search

(4 Posts)
hiphophippity Fri 01-Jul-16 10:53:33

We want to rent out our double bedroom with en suite bathroom in West London. We have young children, and used to use the room for an au pair. Friends of ours rent their room out to a midwife who pays slightly less than the going rate a babysits one evening a week (they found her through a friend). ANY ideas of where I could advertise to attract a female midwifery student or other similar?? I have looked on some forums but not had much luck... Thanks

whois Fri 01-Jul-16 10:55:01

What about just on easy roommate or flatshare? Just be clear what kind of a person you are looking for.

hiphophippity Fri 01-Jul-16 10:57:20

Yes I may try that, I just wondered if anyone had a brilliant idea to target midwives or nannies in training directly. To be clear I would not expect them to be a nanny!!!

mayhew Fri 01-Jul-16 22:27:54

Nursing and midwifery students are on degree courses these days. So they are university based, you could contact your local university. In London a lot of them are living in their own homes, either as mature students or with their parents.

I am a midwife who used to get my students to house sit for me but my supply has dried up! However, I do currently have a student lodger who is a ballet dancer, which is working out well.

Qualified nurses and midwives might be a good option. You could try the HR department at your local hospital. Or try Spare Teachers are also an idea, with similar child friendliness and DBS check.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now