Which shade of aluminium? (pic attached)

(5 Posts)
Stumbleine Thu 30-Jun-16 13:20:52

Initially for a slider door and back windows, but will eventually match whole house.

I am keen not to go down the standard anthracite grey route (too dark). Though I am favouring a grey. Does anyone know of a decent visualiser online? The RAL colours seem endless!

SarahSea1 Thu 30-Jun-16 16:03:22

I don't think online visualisers work very well as you don't get a true representation plus the orientation of the house will have an effect on the end colour due to light variations. Your manufacturer will probably offer four or so standard colours and is likely to charge extra for an alternative RAL colour - that may influence your decision. They should also be able to give you samples of their standard range which although small should help a bit RAL 9007 is the standard pale grey but it's a little metallic looking. Option 2 is you order RAL colour book so you can see what the colours look like in your house.

Marmitelover55 Thu 30-Jun-16 18:03:30

We went for slate grey which is a standard colour which is a bit lighter than anthracite.

origamiwarrior Thu 30-Jun-16 19:44:06

We have 7023, which is called 'Concrete grey'. The tone is probably what you are looking for, but it has a definite green hue.

I second the advice to get hold of samples. Carry them around everywhere, check in different orientations and lights, and against the background materials.

Stumbleine Thu 30-Jun-16 20:35:09

Thanks all. Will try and get hold of some samples and see. It's just so tricky to visualise!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now