Advanced search

Buying a house with slight movement

(3 Posts)
iain22 Wed 29-Jun-16 23:19:42

Would you be willing to go ahead with a house which they surveyor has said, has suffered from slight structural movement which needs to be investigated? In his opinion its caused by a leak on the property. The seller is eager to sell and he isn't interested in sorting this out if i am not going to buy it so he has suggested he will reduce the price by the amount it would take to investigate and sort out and has gotten quotes.. but i am concerned that the damage might be greater than first thought so after exchange i am stuck with the problem and not him.

Bitofeverything Wed 29-Jun-16 23:38:49

It would probably all depend if you can get a mortgage and/or insure the house? Lenders won't usually give mortgages unless you can insure the property (in my experience) and insurers often take v dim view of subsidence...

Bitofeverything Wed 29-Jun-16 23:40:13

And if you can't get a mortgage on the house, then the seller needs to be prepared for a serious price reduction

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now