Advanced search

Section 104 agreement? Any advice?!

(3 Posts)
emmabrown123 Mon 27-Jun-16 21:32:36

Have posted on here a few times about various problems regarding my house sale problems and have had some great advice. I will be extremely impressed if anyone can answer this as my solicitor appears to have no clue!

We are selling our house (newish house, 5 years old) and have been asked to provide a section 104 agreement, which I've learnt is to do with drainage and adoption of sewers.

We do not have a copy of this agreement, our solicitor has tried to get it from The water company, the local council and the original developer with no success

Our local searches came back saying our sewers had been adopted by the water company, and they have confirmed this to me on the phone (but won't provide anything in writing).

Does anyone know...
A) whether I actually need one?!
B) how the hell you get your hands on one?!

Everytime I asked my solicitor he seems clueless and says we'll just wait and see what the developer says - we've been waiting 3 weeks and are meant to exchange on Wednesday

MightyMeerkat Tue 28-Jun-16 15:19:02

The only way to get a copy is from the water authority or the developer.

However if the search comes back and says the sewers are adopted then I really don't see why your purchaser would need a copy.

Imperialleather2 Tue 28-Jun-16 23:10:00

You could try the solicitor that acted for the developer originally on the plot sales.

They'll charge but it could be a quick route. You just need to try and work out who it was. Sometimes they are referred to in the docs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now