Damp Proof Membranes

(3 Posts)
MerilwenRose Mon 27-Jun-16 12:05:23

I had a thread that I now can't find about a month ago about some damp we had along the front wall - I got some fantastic advice on here (thank you!) and wanted to just pick your brains some more smile

We've had an independent damp surveyor out today who has looked at it, and while I won't do anything until I've read the full report, they've told me its penetrating damp as the damp proof course has breached. They've recommended getting a membrane fitted and then all the blown plaster replacing. Has anyone had this done? Is it something a builder can do or a damp company would do? And if anyone's had it done, how much (roughly) did it cost? It's along a whole front wall. I just want to get a feel for who I need to be getting quotes from, and roughly how much I should expect to be paying.

Thanks for any advice!

PigletJohn Mon 27-Jun-16 12:36:05

How old is the house?

Is it a cavity wall?

Do they mean someone has raised the ground level against the wall?

MerilwenRose Mon 27-Jun-16 16:53:02

It's 1930's and raised about a foot off ground level. I think it has cavity wallss but am not 100% sure...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now