Dark emulsion blues

(12 Posts)
rumred Sat 25-Jun-16 14:45:07

Just a whinge really. I'm a competent diy person, been decorating donkeys years. But I'm painting one wall 'intense aqua', really lovely colour, and it's all over the place. Floor, me, skirting, door frames, dog... And wiping it off makes it worse, just dilutes it and spreads it further. Have I become inept or are deep coloured emulsions more difficult to use??? Place looks like a child has been let loose with finger paints

rumred Sat 25-Jun-16 15:42:56

...new shirt, ceiling, levis. I think I've sussed that it's my new paint pad which doesn't fit the tray properly, and the fact it's so damn dark. That'll teach me. Come back magnolia all is forgiven

Sunnyshores Thu 30-Jun-16 14:36:54

hope youre sorted now! can I ask what colour you used? Im looking for a deep blue for the lounge.
Thanks

Autumnchill Thu 30-Jun-16 14:47:42

Hope you've got it sorted! I get paint everywhere!!

Sunny, if you're looking for a deep navy, I used Drawing Room (F&B) but colour matched by B&Q

Sunnyshores Fri 01-Jul-16 11:21:21

Autumn - did you leave your ceilings white? Im finding it hard to imagine - either way! Actually Im probably just scared, have had shades of neutral for far too many years.

Autumnchill Fri 01-Jul-16 17:29:43

Does this help?

ObiWankyKnobby Fri 01-Jul-16 17:33:44

That's a lovely colour!

Autumnchill Fri 01-Jul-16 17:36:37

Thank you smile i knew exactly what blue i was looking for and found it after the 4 sample. It has a really nice richness to it and the spare bedroom has a really warm feel to it.

southwest1 Fri 01-Jul-16 20:12:16

I've just used marine blue by little Greene, but colour matched by Johnstones. It's on one wall and the chimney breast. The ceilings are very high, so above the picture rail is white. I've never had such a bold colour on a wall before and I'm in love with it!

southwest1 Fri 01-Jul-16 20:13:29

rumred, I found the dark much easier to paint with than the White, I got the white everywhere, but the blue only on the walls.

Sunnyshores Fri 01-Jul-16 20:37:09

Autumn - thanks that is lovely. I want it on all the walls too. It is really stark between the walls and ceiling, but not in a bad way at all. As I say I think Im just running scared.Testers tomorrow!!

rumred Sat 02-Jul-16 10:26:37

Back under control now thanks.
I used crown intense aqua, bluey green. It's lovely, greener than autumn's colours but still very blue. Sorry can't link

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now