Worried our chain will want to move too fast for us! Help!

(7 Posts)
NoonarAgain Thu 23-Jun-16 17:40:29

We have reason to believe that our house sale will be agreed within the next couple of days. We have seen a house we like but cannot get it tied up yet as it's a complicated scenario.

Once we agree our sale, I'm worried that we will be joining an established chain as the people offering on ours have already lost one house. I bet they've want to move in by September (schools) but that will not suit us at all. We really need 3 months from offer to completion. Is that unreasonable?
If they're that desperate surely they will find a short term let? I don't want the onus to be on us to vacate just because they have a deadline.
Any advice? Tia

Lonecatwithkitten Thu 23-Jun-16 17:44:08

Have they provided information with their like it is conditional on being able to complete in X weeks. Or they are happy to wait etc. Offers are not just about the money, but all the other bits.

NoonarAgain Thu 23-Jun-16 17:47:52

Hi. No other info, just the amount so far.

NoonarAgain Thu 23-Jun-16 17:50:55

I wonder if you can exchange simultaneously for houses you are buying and selling, and then complete on the current house before the new home completes . I wouldn't mind going into a very short term let but only if new house was guaranteed ( the vendors of our prospective new house won't want to move fast).

Lonecatwithkitten Thu 23-Jun-16 18:43:33

Well I would be asking my estate not just how much they are offering, but what their timescales are and plans etc.

NoonarAgain Thu 23-Jun-16 18:50:19

Yes that's true. I will do. The trouble is I've had too much time to think and worry as the referendum has halted negotiations. Also, the agent thinks we should drag our feet a bit this week to buy a bit of time so that we are closer to being able to agree both houses at once.

didireallysaythat Thu 23-Jun-16 21:41:59

If there are schools involved they may want to exchange before the end of this school term (4 weeks ish) but they will also need to have a completion date set. Don't know if that helps you or not....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now