Talk

Advanced search

Perfect fit blinds

(7 Posts)
tamyoung69 Thu 23-Jun-16 10:41:56

Hi folks looking for some money saving advice. A few years back my wife and i got perfect fit blinds on our double patio doors and we love them but due to decorating my wife now wants white aluminium ones instead of the natural wood ones. The frames are in perfect condition but the local blind company we used still wants £250 to replace them so i was wondering if i can just replace the blinds (not the frames) and if so are they a specific type of blind?

nearlyteatime101 Thu 23-Jun-16 10:59:39

Hi just typed message then was deleted ! I'm not sure exactly what ou mean by it may be worth looking at Crosby blinds. It's an online blind company based in Liverpool I think. You have t measure and fit the blinds yourself (not terribly difficult if you are fairly practical person - they give you instructions) but they were around half the price of the other quotes we got. They were good to deal with to and the blinds were made and delivered within a couple of weeks. I hope this helps somewhat, might be worth looking Ito.

nearlyteatime101 Thu 23-Jun-16 11:00:24

Sorry loads of typos !

nearlyteatime101 Thu 23-Jun-16 11:03:05

To clarify , they were around half the price for exactly the same blinds.

tamyoung69 Thu 23-Jun-16 11:21:56

Thanks for replying basically what i want to do is just the actual blind component rather than the frame and i'm basically wondering if its a standard type venetian blind (which is far cheaper) that fits inside the frame or not.

VoleSnuffle Thu 23-Jun-16 12:26:47

As lots of companies supply them I would ring round to find out if they can supply the blinds only then possibly go back to the company who fitted yours.

They should be able to as they are advertised as removable for cleaning and replacing. We have perfect fit roller blinds and have replaced the brakes on a couple of the blinds. The company we used ordered them and supplied them and demonstrated how to fit them for us.

Regarding the £250, is that how much the frame cost is? Then blinds on top?

As

tamyoung69 Thu 23-Jun-16 13:04:56

thanks for reply nope he said he would have to replace it all as it comes in a kit but i suspect he is bulls###ing me i'm hoping i can just get custom built generic venetian blinds that will fit inside the existing frame. ridiculous cost imo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now