Talk

Advanced search

Eltham ?

(6 Posts)
mimi3737 Wed 22-Jun-16 17:14:13

Hi All

I m looking to move outside of London central to buy my first house with my bf and have a family in a few years smile We went to visit a house in Eltham and we liked the high street by the look of it (they are doing a lot of road work atm). However when i asked my colleague how is Eltham he told me that it was quite dodgy few years ago. I m looking somewhere safe and nice with some shops around so i am sure i can walk in evenings with no issue from tthe station to the home (being a girl i m easily scared).
I saw a thread about Eltham but it is dated of few years ago so does anyone have a recent point of view on how is Eltham now? Still dodgy? or quiet and nice place to live with a young family?
thanks

Littlesecret28 Thu 23-Jun-16 11:50:30

I moved two years ago from Edmonton in North London, to St marys Cray and we looked into Etham and i would agree it's a little bit dodge.

It depends really on what you expect, i mean coming from North London Etham wasn't that bad. But my OH moved from West Wickham which is rather posh in my opinion and wouldn't go near Etham or even contemplate moving to Etham.

We live in the St Mary Cray (which is like a 2/4 miles from Etham) which has a really bad reputation, but i find it nice at least i can walk home at night and not be frightened.

You could check police.co.uk and compare it to where you are now that's what i did.

Littlesecret28 Thu 23-Jun-16 12:56:44

Sorry i just noticed that throughout my reply i spelt Eltham wrong blush

petshopboy Sat 25-Jun-16 12:12:56

Hi i have a fiance from eltham i think its nice around there pretty quiet and i live hampstead area would move there no problem theres good high st buses linking into kent etc quite friendly there its lost ot community feel though as lots of new builds popping up a down to earth place

MrsBarlow Sun 26-Jun-16 11:35:06

I used to live in New Eltham which i preferred to Eltham as it was smaller but still near to facilities etc and the station was more central (although it doesn't have all the shops etc that Eltham has)

Wherewouldibe Mon 27-Jun-16 05:48:10

Eltham is actually nice. They are doing a lot of development there too, nice new cinema complex being put in soon. High street is good, park nice and schools good. Plus the houses round the back streets off the high street are gorgeous, all Victorian and some double fronted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now