Talk

Advanced search

Bifolds or not?

(11 Posts)
uppitywho Sun 19-Jun-16 07:49:44

New extension with planned 4 m bifolds across entire back.
Good idea. Seeing more people not liking them so much?
We will have a separate back door
Will they be cold? Will I feel very exposed? Will I open them much? Will they be really expensive?

Marmitelover55 Sun 19-Jun-16 09:46:53

I love ours smile. Am sitting on deck now with them open. We do have them open a lot. We have integral blinds in then so can close those for privacy.

Tubbyinthehottub Sun 19-Jun-16 09:50:47

Yes, get them. We were going to have two sets of French doors instead but got talked in to bifolds by the builder. Love them! They are cold at all but are south facing. You need to think about blinds though.

Tubbyinthehottub Sun 19-Jun-16 09:51:24

Not cold that should say

TheCrumpettyTree Sun 19-Jun-16 11:11:58

I love ours. We open them out on hot days and then partially open them if the DC want to go out in the garden on cooler days. We have them off the kitchen though. No blinds needed as they're at the back of the house.

BrianBlowsBubbles Sun 19-Jun-16 17:40:28

We have them and love them, have them wide open as often as possible and when the weather is crap <hard stare at sky> we just use the end one as a normal back door. We do have a roller blind for ours as I don't like to have windows uncovered at night (wuss) but it rolls right up above them so is very discreet and doesn't get in the way.

Tubbyinthehottub Sun 19-Jun-16 17:41:04

I meant blinds for the sun really more than for privacy. Mine automatically close when it gets to a certain temperature and we're out otherwise the kitchen gets really hot like a greenhouse. I do have a sunny garden though.

Willow3131 Mon 20-Jun-16 13:25:33

Does anyone have a photo to share of their Bifolds with blinds when open & closed? Do you ever draw them up so that all of the blinds are stacked at the top of the internal doors? Am considering Bifolds but definitely need some sort of window covering as we are s/w facing. Many thanks.

uppitywho Mon 20-Jun-16 20:01:53

my architect says if you get special glass the sun shouldn't be a problem ? I think the internal blinds might be required , I agree with willow need some pictures posting

Marmitelover55 Mon 20-Jun-16 20:42:01

Here is a picture of our bifolds - I have out the blind down on one and the others have binds stacked at the top.

Marmitelover55 Mon 20-Jun-16 20:42:44

*put

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now