Talk

Advanced search

Nice areas in Bradford do they exist

(28 Posts)
LilySnape Thu 16-Jun-16 00:10:11

Does anyone know of any nice area's in Bradford,West Yorkshire ? Looking at relocating from North Yorkshire and all the postcodes we've crime checked are at nearly 2000 crimes a month shock we want a nice 2-4 bed house with a driveway/garage and a garden for upto £700pcm but having a hard time finding anywhere nice

whatsthatcomingoverthehill Thu 16-Jun-16 13:52:49

I thought Idle was supposed to be nice but just checking on the police website and that did seem to have a very high crime rate. Baildon is lovely.

I think you might struggle to get the garage and garden too on that budget. This is the closest I could find within £700.

Hoppinggreen Thu 16-Jun-16 15:08:09

Does it have to be Bradford?
Try cleckheaton, Brighouse or Halifax.
To be honest most of Bradford is a bit grim, perhaps look for somewhere you can commute easily from

whatsthatcomingoverthehill Thu 16-Jun-16 16:38:18

Or this in Calverley (which is a very nice area), but it is under application unfortunately.

LilySnape Thu 16-Jun-16 22:16:54

It doesnt have to be bradford just within a 30 min drive of the city centre and i have looked in all the villages mentioned above and cant find anything for rent at all

LilySnape Thu 16-Jun-16 22:18:10

Halifax and brighouse are grim too sky high crime levels and not many employment oppertunities

LilySnape Thu 16-Jun-16 22:20:03

That house in calverly looks like someone has died in it recently confused and the carpets look old and dusty and who has a badly painted green kitchen these days lol and too much dark wood so dated

LilySnape Thu 16-Jun-16 22:27:18

It doesnt have to have a garage just a driveway DP wants the car off the road for insurance and for washing it its a necessity for us a garden isnt that important

whatsthatcomingoverthehill Thu 16-Jun-16 22:48:33

I was more showing the Calverley one as an example of what you might be able to get, as it was under offer anyway. I agree the decor wasn't the best! A 30 minute drive gives you a reasonably wide area to look in.

I don't know it so well but Bingley seems to be OK when I've driven through.

lalalonglegs Fri 17-Jun-16 11:28:50

Saltaire (just north of Bradford) is lovely. Ilkley is within 30 minutes of Bradford (and has trains); Skipton is within that if you're not travelling in rush hour, again it has direct trains.

sphinxster Fri 17-Jun-16 11:50:11

My friend lives in Birstall which I always thought was nice but after the very tragic events of yesterday I'm not sure.

Saltire

Haworth

Cullingworth

AarghGrrAargh Fri 17-Jun-16 12:07:57

How about this in Eldwick. It's quite a nice area.

Hoppinggreen Fri 17-Jun-16 13:14:36

How about Huddersfield?
Look at HD3 area which is close to junction 24 of M62 so easily commutable to Bradford. It's quite "nice" as well.

BravoHopeful Fri 17-Jun-16 13:16:54

Saltaire is lovely. About 3 miles from Bradford.

cricketqueen Fri 17-Jun-16 13:25:17

Wilsden, Harden, Cullingworth, Bingley, Saltaire, Eldwick. All nice places, big cities and their burbs always seem to have high crime rates but you have to take into account the types of crimes, denser populations etc. You will struggle to get a house with a garage and a garden for that price in a very nice area tbh.

LilySnape Fri 17-Jun-16 16:55:30

God no Huddersfield is a dive worse than Bradford imo. And that house in eldwick has no drive and looks horrid inside it needs renovating

MarvinKMooney Fri 17-Jun-16 17:03:55

I used to live in Saltaire. Lovely village but if you have a family its worth bearing in mind that the houses only have small yards.

The areas towards Bingley are nice, such as Eldwick and Farnhill. Take a look at Baildon too. And, as others have mentioned, Calverley and Idle are both really nice.

cricketqueen Fri 17-Jun-16 17:17:21

I don't think you should move to bradford tbh. You obviously hate it.

Hoppinggreen Fri 17-Jun-16 17:32:36

Huddersfield is NOT a dive you cheeky mare Lily

StiickEmUp Fri 17-Jun-16 17:36:43

Well i live outside of brighton lots of people think THATS a dive lol

Chunkamatic Fri 17-Jun-16 17:40:48

Judging an urban area purely on its crime statistics isn't going to get you feeling positive about any of these places.

With your list of requirements and budget you'd be better to see which areas you can afford to live in, and work it out from there.

alliemay Fri 17-Jun-16 18:52:49

Didn't you post this exact thread yesterday?

It's quite clear that you don't actually want to live anywhere in Bradford...I'd stay where you are.

cheminotte Fri 17-Jun-16 20:56:23

Leeds?

YorkshireTeaDrinker Fri 17-Jun-16 21:16:32

Wilsden, Saltaire, Steeton, Silsden, Skipton (a bit more than half an hour, but a direct train and means you can stay in North Yorkshire). Ilkley. Lots of genuinely lovely places within reasonable commuting distance from Bradford.

milkyface Fri 17-Jun-16 21:54:23

Halifax and Huddersfield are positively lovely Compared to a lot of Bradford.

Why are you moving there if you've nothing good to say about Bradford or the surrounding area?!

Saltaire is nice, as is northowram

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now