Advanced search

FTB - Homebuyer report - help needed, please

(11 Posts)
user1466011060 Wed 15-Jun-16 18:22:20

Hi to everyone. I am first time buyer.

Seen few houses in Middlands,
Made an offer on one,
Been accepted,
Arranged Valuation & Home Buyer report,

All been done yday. Got valuation accepted at 139,000 equal to offer,
There is also surveyor report that I am not sure of.

Please help me to understand it. Whether it is has major issues or not.

There are few:


damp, damp, damp ...

E4 Main Walls
High damp meter readings were recorded in the living room on the party wall whichwe believe is the result of condensation.
F3 Walls & Partitions
High damp meter readings were recorded in the living room possibly due tocondensation.
F4 Floors
High damp meter readings were recorded in the front porch.

What do you think? Is there anyone who has it similar?
It is end of terrace 1975 ish built. Looks nice inside tho.

user1466011060 Wed 15-Jun-16 18:23:22

pic below

Scribblegirl Wed 15-Jun-16 18:30:14

I would imagine that's fine - I'm not an expert but condensatio. Usually means it just hasn't been aired properly. Our survey on our place (which does require damp proofing) put it in far more strident terms than that!

If you're particularly concerned, would you consider getting a damp proofer around to assess things as a specialist?

Scribblegirl Wed 15-Jun-16 18:30:35

Sorry for typos - on my phone!

StepAwayFromTheThesaurus Wed 15-Jun-16 19:29:54

It sounds fine. Condensation issues are something you can sort by actually ventilating the house.

And the valuation is what you need it to be so there's no need to seek money off.

Don't panic. smile

StepAwayFromTheThesaurus Wed 15-Jun-16 19:30:36

Don't get a specialist damp firm round because they will inevitably tell you that you need to pay for what they sell.

specialsubject Wed 15-Jun-16 20:44:30

that's an exercise in arse-covering if ever I saw one.

if the vendors have not ventilated enough to make walls damp throughout, what on earth are they doing? The place would have a load of mould - did it? Call the surveyor and ask for further info.

go back and do your own survey. Look for mould, unventilated tumble dryer, clothes over radiators. Check all taps, ask about age and service history of boiler. (if it is oil - the survey doesn't say!!!!! - then it MUST have an annual service) Does it have a fuse box or an RCD box? How's the water pressure? And so on.

radon is a local thing, you'll find that the whole town has the same risk.

user1466011060 Wed 15-Jun-16 20:54:00

Thank you for all the replies,

The vendor is an old lady that live there on her own. She didn't open windows as often as most of as will.

I will probably go back there and see how the wall actually looks like,

Also, the boiler is 6months old. New fitted in December.

Not sure about fuse box.

user1466011060 Wed 15-Jun-16 20:57:45


There is only one wall that has damp due to condensation. Party wall connected to neigh

scaryteacher Thu 16-Jun-16 16:30:12

The bit about no oil/gas test certificate, no electrical certificate etc are surely only applicable if it's a rental? I only got those when we rented the house out, never had them as a homeowner. Would want to see that the boiler had been serviced though.

HereIAm20 Thu 16-Jun-16 17:55:15

You can ring and have a chat with the surveyor as part of the charge already paid. They are usually very helpful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now