Talk

Advanced search

Steel bath for £78? suspiciously cheap?

(9 Posts)
becks5109 Tue 14-Jun-16 10:27:15

Just come across this steel bath which as its a Kaldewei seem suspicious cheap - am I missing something or is this just a great find...??

www.builderdepot.co.uk/plain-1700mm-steel-bath-with-legs-white.html

5littlechickens Tue 14-Jun-16 11:32:54

I had tthe same one from screwfix,it doesn't say brand on their website but packaging says kaldewei. it was 79.99 and is great

becks5109 Tue 14-Jun-16 12:28:29

ooh thanks 5littlechickens (great name!) - might just go for it then!

yomellamoHelly Tue 14-Jun-16 17:04:38

Oooo. Wow! We have a Kaldewei. Is a fab bath. (Cost alot more than that though.)

Pradaqueen Wed 15-Jun-16 05:46:41

Yes they're great. Used them in a lot of developments. One thing to point out is that it has 2 tap holes. Depends on your opinion / style but trendier/ hotel style looks are for no or one tap holes (I.e for wall mounted taps) you can get the same brand with no or one tap holes too. If you look on ebay you might find the same but even cheaper if someone has one left over from a contract ( I bought the same brand new no tap hole bath this year for £38 on eBay from a local seller).

ChishandFips33 Wed 15-Jun-16 12:46:03

We have the 1500 version - put in as a stop gap when we moved in but decided to keep it as its so comfortable!

TollgateDebs Wed 15-Jun-16 16:11:22

Check the spec., size, legs and, as mentioned, tap holes. Lots of Screwfix products are unique just to screwfix, so they can be a good price. Baths are not that expensive really and ours was around that price, but from Travis Perkins. It took a bit more searching to get the right taps for a good price and we saved a huge amount buying on line.

becks5109 Thu 16-Jun-16 12:28:32

great thanks everyone- think I'll probably go for it as I'm going to put 2 bath mounted taps and separate concealed shower above. Its for the kids bathroom so happy to compromise on taps! smile

RaisingSteam Thu 16-Jun-16 23:14:33

Kaldewei are the best baths and they must make millions of the basic ones in that size, that's why they're cheap. Price goes up once you start exploring the range. We put one in a previous house it was great and rock solid.
Ordinary bath mounted taps are massively cheaper and easier for plumber to fit than wall mounted, if you are on a budget.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now