Talk

Advanced search

Which areas are sought after to live in Camden

(22 Posts)
Luv2chat2U Wed 08-Jun-16 16:52:22

What areas are nice to live in in Camden, for schools and safety.

whois Wed 08-Jun-16 16:55:38

Are you going to list out every borough of north london asking where you should live?

It varies from street to street and from housing estate to housing estate.

Why don't you give some examples of places you've been offered rather than asking such general quesitons?

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 08-Jun-16 17:06:05

When I moved I spent ages looking at league tables and Ofsted reports and then working out the bits that were important to me.

helpbuyingahouse Wed 08-Jun-16 17:28:31

Tell us the budget and what you are looking for and I can suggest a few areas. Off the top of my head, budget £2.5m, hampstead (more south end green honestly), £1.8-2m Kentish Town, £1.5-1.6m Tufnell Park. You should be in catchment for good primaries in both Kentish Town and Tufnell Park, not so much in Hampstead.

Hope this helps

Luv2chat2U Wed 08-Jun-16 17:29:44

@DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen thank you very much for your advice, very helpful.

dividedmansions Wed 08-Jun-16 17:31:43

The whole of Camden is sought after tbh.

Luv2chat2U Wed 08-Jun-16 17:37:13

Hi there @ helpbuyinga house thank you for getting in touch, I wish I had that sort of money lol. It's actually a housing transfer regarding a special case which has landed me in a rather fortunate position. So if you have any recommendations I'd still be very grateful. I notice you state Kentish Town, I'll have a look. Thanks again.....

whois Wed 08-Jun-16 17:37:16

helpbuyingahouse I think the OP is being housed by the council and is not looking to spend £1m on a house ;-)

Luv2chat2U Wed 08-Jun-16 17:41:39

@whois North Londons a big borough. For now I don't plan to list out every borough, however if i do and it offends you...feel free to move on to a question that's not so upsetting for you...

Regards....

helpbuyingahouse Wed 08-Jun-16 18:02:51

Sorry I thought you wanted to buy a house. I don't know too much about council housing. I would choose hampstead (Camden borough), followed by Kentish Town (Camden borough), followed by Tufnell Park (Islington borough). Camden Town proper is dreadful in my opinion. Give me the approximate area and I will tell you all I know about it.

whois Wed 08-Jun-16 18:38:48

feel free to move on to a question that's not so upsetting for you...*

I was trying to be helpful. You won't get much of a feel for if location suits you if you just ask about something as large as e.g. camden v Isslington becase it varies too much on a smaller scale.

Give people estate names or streets to work with.

Luv2chat2U Wed 08-Jun-16 19:04:13

My apologies Whois, it seems I misinterpreted your question "are you going to list out every borough of North London asking where you should live?" as an element of sarcasm", since I have mentioned other areas on other post.

Regards

Once I know more I'll be in touch

whois Wed 08-Jun-16 19:35:59

It was more friendly than sarcastic, I should have added a smily!

Luv2chat2U Wed 08-Jun-16 19:51:40

Apologies again 😀

whois Wed 08-Jun-16 23:05:57

:-)

whois Wed 08-Jun-16 23:09:45

Btw I lived on an estate just north of Chalk Farm for a bit, and thought it was lovely (green ish, well maintained, reasonably quiet, kids playing out) and super close to the tube. But the pizza delivery guy wouldn't come into the estate. So people's perceptions vary so much.

forkhandles4candles Wed 08-Jun-16 23:15:52

South of the Euston Road. Shall we call it SoEo

Luv2chat2U Thu 09-Jun-16 17:51:30

@ helpbuyingahouse. Thank you for the information. You've been extremely helpful. I took a drive through Kentish Town and Tufnell Park yesterday, and someone I spoke to, a local echoed your advice exact. I shall be in contact should I require any further info 😀 if you don't mind that is.

Luv2chat2U Thu 09-Jun-16 17:56:31

@whois thank you so much for your advice. I also use to live on an estate (horrific experience) never again! even though I know estates aren't all bad I have children and my experience was awful.... Pizza man wouldn't deliver either, but in my situation understandable, gangs stole the pizza and beat up the driver. 😞

Luv2chat2U Thu 09-Jun-16 18:01:48

@forkhandles4candles thank you. I'll check this out.

whois Thu 09-Jun-16 18:21:28

Hope you get something suitable :-)

beckythemasterbaker Thu 09-Jun-16 18:41:48

Try these place nw1, nw5, and nw3.

Nw5 is best for secondary schools. Camden school for girls and la saint Union. That's Kentish Town by the way. If your not on the main road it's very quiet.

Lovely primary schools in all of those areas too including st. Dominic's. Sought after primary school.

There is also a primary in summers town but I would not live there. Highgate has lots of schools in its catchment areas. They have councils houses too so does Hampstead and primrose hill

Yes always go for Chalk Farm or Swisscottage. Lots of amenities near by including big sports centre swimming pool included and talecre with out door football ground. Lido not far off. It's at the bottom of parliament hill. Two big libraries. Third including the British library in summers town.

Camden town itself is actually very quiet in some parts. Don't let Camden market put you off. The smaller roads are very quiet and tourist don't venture in.

Think twice about Swiss Cottage in regards to school. They have one that opened but your child will have to travel to other secondary school.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now