Estate Agents Forest Hill/Sydenham - help!

(21 Posts)
tacticalillian2 Tue 07-Jun-16 19:19:22

We're thinking of selling our 2-bed flat (borders Sydenham/Forest Hill) and considering Pedder, Alexander Charles & Browne and KFH. Any experience selling with them? Thanks!

RaspberryPi1 Tue 07-Jun-16 20:07:58

Don't use Alexander Charles and Browne.
Absolutely awful. Never return calls, and your sales contact will probably only work two days a week, which will delay the sale massively.
Avoid!

tacticalillian2 Tue 07-Jun-16 20:28:40

Thank you very much RasberryPi1 !

tacticalillian2 Tue 07-Jun-16 20:37:54

RasberryPi1 could I ask if there's one you would recommend?

RaspberryPi1 Tue 07-Jun-16 21:45:23

Good pictures on rightmove is the most important thing.
Kfh are quite keen to do open days, but I imagine you'll get a lot if lookie loos.
I'd get a few in, and go with the one you feel most comfortable with. Reality is that rightmove will bring most of the buyers in.

EssentialHummus Tue 07-Jun-16 21:51:11

I bought via that kfh branch and found them really disinterested - didn't return calls, CBA to arrange viewings, gave inaccurate property info. I haven't dealt with them as a seller, though.

LaurieFairyCake Tue 07-Jun-16 21:52:04

I've just bought somewhere (not through kfh) but they were by far the most professional of all the agents I dealt with. We were trying to offer on one of their properties and they were brilliant.

They returned phone calls immediately. They turned up on time every time. They responded to emails in minutes. They were also completely honest and I got no lies at all from them.

We went to two of their open days and both properties sold that day.

They were also really genuinely friendly and completely non-twatty grin

I really wish we'd managed to buy one of their properties but the property we've bought was on with a company that does mostly rentals.

As a buyer I genuinely think they were great. I've met some real wide boys over the last two months we've been trying to buy.

LaurieFairyCake Tue 07-Jun-16 21:53:13

I was dealing with the Catford and Lee offices of KFH though

Queenbean Tue 07-Jun-16 21:53:41

Go with Acorn, they were brilliant for me

Spanglecrab Tue 07-Jun-16 21:55:43

Avoid KFH in forest hill. We put a property up with them. The buyer reduced the offer following the survey and they neglected to inform us. A sale that was no longer viable dragged on for a further two months before KFH realised their mistake and rather than admitting it chose to tell us and the buyers the other had pulled out.

It only came to light when I bumped into the buyers a few weeks later.
Shameful.

tacticalillian2 Tue 07-Jun-16 22:04:21

Thanks for all your replies. Choosing to go on the market while Brexit is on the cards isn't the most confidence-boosting of circumstances either hmm

PenCreed Tue 07-Jun-16 23:09:25

We bought in Sydenham last year through Property World. From a buyers' POV, they were great, and they seemed to get on really well with our seller as well (who wasn't the easiest person). Also looked at a couple of properties with Mann, who came across very well.

Pedder have a house round the corner from us which has been on the market for ages and is over-priced (asking price £40k more than we paid for our bigger house) - I'd avoid them...

LBOCS2 Tue 07-Jun-16 23:33:05

We're selling in Sydenham using Winkworths who seem to be doing an ok job, although I do think that brexit has slowed the market. We're considering going multi agency though, just to shift it.

NoPlanYet Wed 08-Jun-16 07:09:33

I've been selling in FH using Sebastian Roche, they've been great. If not them I'd use Robert Stanford or Mann, I spoke to both and was impressed.

I'd avoid winkworth and kfh, both sleazy and disinterested ime

Rarararaa Wed 08-Jun-16 07:16:03

We used peddar and thought they were great, very on it. We also asked acorn for a valuation but they seemed a bit disinterested.

Planeteer Wed 08-Jun-16 07:35:39

We've just gone under offer using Pedder in FH and would recommend. Loads of viewings, enthusiastic team and lots of contact. Also their branches are all interlinked, and communicate well with each other, so we had potential buyers from Crystal Palace and East Dulwich too, definitely a wider net. I would say though it took longer than we or the agents expected, and in the end we accepted a lower offer than planned. Not true in every case of course, but do think the Brexit spectre is spooking people.

TremoloGreen Wed 08-Jun-16 14:39:24

We used Robinson Jackson and were very pleased with them. The manager Robert Wright is very smart. They have a branch on the corner opposite the new Greyhound (how's that going by the way?)

Found KFH a bit slimy when we were buying. Long time ago now though. Pedder overpricing everything, so you may be on a long time with them.

TremoloGreen Wed 08-Jun-16 14:40:49

Winkworth and Sebastian Roche were both VERY disorganised when we were trying to buy. Sending us on viewings of the wrong house, not passing on offers etc. Wouldn't trust them to hold a complex sale together.

oddsockfairy Wed 08-Jun-16 14:47:52

We sold in Penge/Sydenham border a couple of years back and used Robinson Jackson - a LOT of viewings booked but about 90% of these weren't viable (families with kids for our 1 bedroom place!) which was pretty annoying and we weren't that impressed. Although we did manage to negotiate a good fee and the aftersales team were ok...
I think we had Winkworth round to value but thought the guy was a bit sleazy and disorganised!

tacticalillian2 Mon 13-Jun-16 12:14:08

Just wanted to say thanks again for all your comments - much appreciated!

motherworld Mon 27-Jun-16 14:56:23

Hi all,

I'm considering selling our house in Catford and based on the valuations, I am leaning towards Robinson Jackson. I also thought the agent from kfh came across disinterested. Is Foxtons a definite no no with buyers and sellers alike then?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now