Talk

Advanced search

Replacement bathroom

(13 Posts)
Tulips1 Mon 06-Jun-16 17:25:59

Any suggestions as the best place to go for a replacement bathroom, toilet, shower and sink? Not moving anything around just replace with a white suite.

Has anyone used Wickes bathrooms, Bathstore, Homebase or b and q. It's a small ensuite so want to try and keep the costs low.

21stCenturyBreakdown Mon 06-Jun-16 19:08:16

We're in the middle of having our bathrooms (cloakroom, master and en-suite) done by Homebase and have nothing but praise for them so far! Cost-wise, they came in very similar to the quote we got from Wickes and a fair bit cheaper than independent showrooms. Didn't get quotes from either B&Q or Bathstore due to bad experiences we heard about from others.

Tulips1 Mon 06-Jun-16 21:49:22

Great thanks. I'll go down there at the weekend. Do they provide their own fitters?

21stCenturyBreakdown Mon 06-Jun-16 22:16:07

Yes - our fitter works for Homebase, but no idea whether that's the case for all of them.

Tulips1 Tue 07-Jun-16 14:41:29

Great thanks. Could you give me an idea of how much they are charging for ensuite please? Understand if you'd rather not say

NotYoda Tue 07-Jun-16 17:08:15

I have just used Victorian Bathrooms for our main bathroom.

Their selection is great, good quality, good price (cheaper, for instance, than Bathstore)

Tulips1 Tue 07-Jun-16 18:39:51

Notyoda - are they a local supplier or online? Also do they provide fitters or did you find your own? Thanks

TwoMs Tue 07-Jun-16 18:45:05

We are in the middle of having our ensuite changed and using Travis Perkins as competitive on price and have most things in stock in a warehouse so delivered the day after ordering smile

NotYoda Tue 07-Jun-16 18:57:17

I got own fitters

21stCenturyBreakdown Tue 07-Jun-16 19:46:42

Great thanks. Could you give me an idea of how much they are charging for ensuite please? Understand if you'd rather not say

Unfortunately it's not that straight-forward - the bill covers all 3 rooms and the split between them isn't clear. Making a proportional guess, I'd say it's probably around £3.5k - £4k?

21stCenturyBreakdown Tue 07-Jun-16 19:48:49

Should also mention that we're having tiling done - you didn't say whether or not you are, but I know it's one of the things that can make quite a difference to the price.

Tulips1 Tue 07-Jun-16 20:26:41

Thank you. Tiling to come down and then thinking of putting acrylic panels up. Likely we will need new plasterboard once the tiles are taken off.

Tulips1 Tue 07-Jun-16 20:27:46

Travis Perkins sound good - like the idea of everything being in stock assume it's a bit like Howdens are for kitchens.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now