Talk

Advanced search

Colours to go with Howdens Burford Grey Kitchen

(7 Posts)
Greenscombe Mon 06-Jun-16 11:07:23

New kitchen goes in today and I'm still struggling with a colour scheme for walls and floor. The units are a light greeny grey (Burford Grey) and worktop will be a cream coloured Corian. The room faces east and is not very light.
Any suggestions that have worked for you would be great.

bojorojo Tue 07-Jun-16 16:45:34

Consider Wevet by Farrow and Ball. This is a very pale grey/white but will lighten up the space. Or Ammonite or James White could look good if you want to go a bit darker. For the floor, you would not go wrong with large size "limestone" ceramic tiles. Again, these are fairly light coloured so reflect light - and are easy to look after. Mine look like real limestone and people believe they are! Alternatively a very light limed oak plank would look good or even ceramic wood - looks amazing.

BennyTheBall Tue 07-Jun-16 22:17:38

We have this kitchen and get so many comments about it. It's about 2 years old.

We have oak worktops and a pale limestone floor. The walls are currently F&B All White, but last year they were Wimborne White - both lovely.

The tiles are cream metro and we have a cream Rangemaster. I recently changed all the cup handles and knobs to the chrome (we had pewter before).

My ndn has a hand painted Smallbone kitchen that cost £65k - but I think I like ours better grin

Greenscombe Wed 08-Jun-16 16:11:43

Many thanks for your suggestions. I will get some tester pots and try these colourways out.

yomellamoHelly Wed 08-Jun-16 16:15:12

We have Timeless on walls and lime green splashbacks (Ivygreen5 Dulux). Oak effect worktops and floor. Also in the windowless corner with light from east and north. Think it needed the (minimal) colour to give it a bit of punch tbh.

loobylou10 Wed 08-Jun-16 16:18:19

I've got this kitchen - got oak worktops and karndene (Sp) oak floor. We got a purple rangemaster so have one wall purple to match that and the other walls are white. Looks lovely IMO!

Chapsy Wed 08-Jun-16 23:28:15

Strong white by farrow & ball every time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now