Talk

Advanced search

Best place for fitted wardrobes?

(8 Posts)
CuntingDMjournos Sun 05-Jun-16 11:34:22

Can anyone recommend. Have two large bedrooms to do and would love one with great storage space for kids and desk area for a long wall in the eldest DCs' room.

ohidoliketobe Sun 05-Jun-16 11:37:58

We've had Sharps. No issues with them at all, we're happy with the price. 6 years later and they're still like new. However that was for a bog standard run of wardrobes and matching bedside units. For something a bit more bespoke like what you've described (which we will be doing for DC2 little box room once they're out of their cot) I'd be tempted to go to a local joiner who can do bespoke fixtures.

CuntingDMjournos Mon 06-Jun-16 21:48:05

Thanks it's good to know that you were happy with Sharps. I've been asking around for local joiner recommendations but not come across anyone yet except one guy who is booked up for about 3 months.

Any other suggestions anyone?

madblondedogg Tue 07-Jun-16 07:44:26

We had spacemakers and the wardrobe is brilliant

squiz81 Tue 07-Jun-16 07:51:08

We inherited schreiber fitted wardrobes in our master bedroom when we bought the house. Although the doors wouldn't have been my choice, they are sturdy and well made, and we've had no problems with it.

Have you tried your local Facebook page for joiner recommendations?

PigletJohn Tue 07-Jun-16 09:52:54

"one guy who is booked up for about 3 months."

That's the one you want.

CuntingDMjournos Wed 08-Jun-16 05:11:56

Lol piglet John you are right I just don't want to wait!

HeyMicky Wed 08-Jun-16 05:49:52

We went with Hammonds, then got them back to do another room. Less pushy then Sharps, and cheaper in the end. Designers and fitters are local contractors, though, so it could be luck of the draw

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now