Advanced search

Which type of extractor hood ?

(3 Posts)
BillyGoatGruff007 Sat 04-Jun-16 16:17:48

Hi again,
Does anyone here have a telescopic extractor hood ? And if so, are you pleased with it ?
I'm having trouble deciding which type to have, and as the hood will be at one end of a line of wall cupboards I think a telescopic hood will look nicer than a chimney hood.
I think....
Any advice is gratefully appreciated, thank you.

PigletJohn Sat 04-Jun-16 17:48:30

I rather think that if you have a telescopic hood you will never open it, exceot perhaps once a year on special occasions.

I am coming to prefer extractors built into a false bridging unit or canopy on the wall above the cooker. Preferably a metre wide to catch any sideways drift.

I like Elica but their web site is dreadful. Unless you find you can browse the designs and specifications online, email them and ask for their glossy catalogue, which is much better. Tell them why.

BillyGoatGruff007 Sat 04-Jun-16 20:41:02

Thanks PigletJohn, much appreciated.
I'll go have a look at the Elica site now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now