Talk

Advanced search

Copper worktops - anyone got any experience?

(9 Posts)
crusoe16 Fri 03-Jun-16 09:09:03

I'm keen to put copper worktops in our new kitchen - DH reckons they'll tarnish terribly.

Anyone got any experience / supplier recommendations?

We're a family of 7 and I cook a lot, they will be heavily used.

Also keen on Carrara marble but I know from previous experience that stains badly.

sleepwhenidie Fri 03-Jun-16 09:14:21

I think it will tarnish (and scratch/dent easily), so it depends if that's the look you want-keeping it 'perfect' will be next to impossible. I think it would be beautiful - but also probably hideously expensive? There must be some very good reasons why you don't see them often?

sleepwhenidie Fri 03-Jun-16 09:18:12

Looking at images, if it's the colour/effect you want then a copper splash back might be a good option, or just a section of worktop, like a bar top or table in copper, which gets less punishing use? That would ease the £££ pain too (if that is a factor).

crusoe16 Fri 03-Jun-16 16:56:27

Yep, that's a good idea to have part of it copper....

I'm happy for it to dent / scratch. I'm not sure I'd be up for it going green though...wondering if it might do that??

NotInGuatemalaNowDrRopata Fri 03-Jun-16 17:00:21

If my copper pots are anything to go by, they'd be an absolute bitch to maintain!

sleepwhenidie Fri 03-Jun-16 22:02:45

Google copper worktop images and you'll see that some (established rather than brand new) definitely have green patches...might be a lot of work necessary to avoid that confusedhmm

crusoe16 Sat 04-Jun-16 07:07:14

OK thanks ladies. Will let DH win this one I think!

Anyone used Carrara-like quartz / granite?

Jolkis Fri 17-Feb-17 02:55:33

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Jolkis Fri 17-Feb-17 02:57:15

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now