Are your doors/frames/skirtings etc not white gloss?

(8 Posts)
Draylon Thu 02-Jun-16 12:38:36

Am putting this in decorating, too!

I am wondering whether to stay white or not throughout the house. I'd get satin, not gloss (probably Dulux satinwood ) but- should I go white or cream- or something else?

These are my colours- but can't decide if going 'not white' would make the woodwork look faded/yellowed?

LovelyTrees Thu 02-Jun-16 13:53:53

All our woodwork is mahogany and is stained a dark reddish brown. It's a nice contrast against the cream walls and we have curtain poles etc which complement. The only downside is it can be a bit dark in winter

namechangedtoday15 Thu 02-Jun-16 14:32:47

I would only ever have white woodwork but then I think it looks lovely. But not gloss. I think our woodwork is all eggshell paint (F&B All White).

PigletJohn Thu 02-Jun-16 14:53:23

some are in BS 10B15, which is the colour of gold-top milk.

HereIAm20 Thu 02-Jun-16 14:56:03

At our last house we did the woodwork in F&B old white (which is actually a grey/green colour). I'll see if I can find a picture.

HereIAm20 Thu 02-Jun-16 15:04:22

First shows the bannister (under the christmas decs) and second shows door and skirting in F&B Old White which is a greeny/grey.

GreenGoth89 Thu 02-Jun-16 15:15:26

We were thinking of using urban obsession (in dulux range) in our place for skirting. Might work well for yours!

Draylon Thu 02-Jun-16 15:35:14

Thanks everyone, I like all of them!

I went to B&Q to get some sample cards to match my palette above, but, needless to say, unless I plan on installing warehouse lighting, it all looks different at home grin

I am certainly increasingly thinking of moving away from 'brilliant white', and maybe far enough away from it so it doesn't look like ageing white. I also need to decide whether to leave the doors white but do the frames and skirting in this new colour...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now