Talk

Advanced search

Residential Park Homes for retirees - any experience

(7 Posts)
sacbina Tue 31-May-16 22:08:42

Mum is now a widow who will be 80 in a few years.

Whilst she's fit and able she wants to move from the family home to something more manageable, and also to be closer to me and gc in West London.

She's been looking at Park Homes and likes the idea of them.

Does anyone have any experience?

Haggisfish Tue 31-May-16 22:09:40

Just check they have a full year residency. Lots of the ones near us are nine month only.

Sgtmajormummy Tue 31-May-16 22:25:12

Have a look at Retirement Homesearch for your area.
DM had a (sadly very brief but) remarkably stress-free experience with the sheltered properties starting with "Home", so "Homecherry House" etc.
Maintenance fees are high to include gardening and security but purchase price is low.

sacbina Tue 31-May-16 22:34:45

Good to hear thank you.
She's visiting for a few days so hoping to visit a couple in Denham and Fordingbridge if possible.

Yes, expecting high maintenance fees but think that's ok for peace of mind for her

icclemunchy Tue 31-May-16 22:40:51

I drive past the one in Denham quite often and it looks lovely. No real experience except family friends live nearby and say the residents they meet at the shops etc seem happy

icclemunchy Tue 31-May-16 22:41:15

I drive past the one in Denham quite often and it looks lovely. No real experience except family friends live nearby and say the residents they meet at the shops etc seem happy

sacbina Tue 31-May-16 22:55:55

The Denham one sounds positive ☺ assume it must be the same.

Access to public transport is a worry. She'd hate to be stuck somewhere

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now