Talk

Advanced search

Is doset just full of toffs?

(6 Posts)
Dorsetdiv Tue 31-May-16 21:23:45

Alright, I started another thread that was far more polite but really I was asking the question above...

Anybody?

PurpleDaisies Tue 31-May-16 21:31:07

How about just bumping your original thread?

I don't know whether Dorset is full of toffs, chavs, foreigners or anyone else. I know some people live there and like it. Which part?

Dorsetdiv Tue 31-May-16 22:01:24

I like foreigners, chavs and anyone else, I'm just worried about concentrated toff? You know full on old money types - 4x4/body warmer/tabatha and Sebastian types...oh and east Dorset, Wareham way x

Needmoresleep Tue 31-May-16 22:08:21

Odd question. Sandbanks, which is the bit of East Dorset I know best, and on the other side of Poole harbour from Wareham is money, but rarely old money. Definitely expensive cars with personalised number plates, dinner at Rick Stein and blond roots touched up regularly. Whatever floats your boat, providing you can get a berth at the yacht club....

PuraVida Wed 01-Jun-16 10:57:11

In my experience it's mostly students and old folk but then I went to Bournemouth university

OnePlanOnHouzz Wed 01-Jun-16 19:11:11

Wareham is normal ! You'll be quite safe there !
Sherborne is a bit more 'Tarquin and Jocasta' but only in places. There are a few boarding schools that throw up the number of 'young upstarts' but most seem decent enough so I wouldn't let it put you off !!
smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now