Talk

Advanced search

The plasterers and in- and OMG...

(11 Posts)
Draylon Tue 31-May-16 13:58:40

... the mess!

Hint for any future moves: rent for a further month and get the artex skimmed before you move in.

They're doing a good job but every evening we're moving the majority of the contents of one room to another, wiping plaster off everything, washing bedding, hoovering- so they can make more mess again tomorrow. They started last Thursday, worked elsewhere on sat and Sun (leaving us living like refugees!) worked yesterday and today, and, imho, won't be finished today.

I told them not to be too precious with the carpets as they're being replaced so they're a mess, too!

Then it'll all need painting!

Argh.

TreeBird16 Tue 31-May-16 14:03:52

Yes yes but it will be beautiful. Smooth newly plastered walls are a thing of wonder.

CrazyDuchess Tue 31-May-16 14:05:26

leaving us living like refugees!

Really?? hmm

StillRunningWithScissors Tue 31-May-16 14:06:45

Careful using your Hoover for the plaster dust. With the particles being so fine, it could knacker the motor.

Cheap Hoover or a shopvac would be a good idea.

Unless you're looking for an excuse to replace your Hoover. If so, carry on grin

KingJoffreyLikesJaffaCakes Tue 31-May-16 14:08:25

Thought you were going to say the plasterer was smoking hot and provide us with a photo.

grin

MiaowTheCat Tue 31-May-16 16:16:47

I sat and cried after they left here - although as tradesmen go they were very good about clearing up after themselves really. Aside from the wall being knocked out it was the worst bit of the whole building work we've had done by far.

Killed one of our hoovers as well with it all (well it was more me trying to send the hoover to the hoovery version of Dignitas as I wanted a new one).

Draylon Tue 31-May-16 21:01:56

Crazy- I'm sorry I offended you- but I suspect the vast majority of readers wouldn't have been seeking instant offence and would've understood the context of what I said; it's a figure of speech.

Remind yourself never to say, for instance, you're 'knackered' as you are not facing the same fate as an old horse.

Or 'I died laughing'. Careful, there.

Though I note Miaow is killing Hoovers!

Interestingly, there's not as much plaster dust as I feared; but there's gobs of plaster stuck to stuff everywhere, inc the carpets- though they know we're replacing them- and we're playing musical rooms with all our kit. No one can find anything! We've hoovered and washed surfaces, walls and floors every night for 4 days, now!

Joffrey - thought yours was a spell-checker fail, and you mean 'smoking pot'- but then I realised you meant hot as I'd said 'the Mess!' grin... I'd have to readjust me oestrogen patches!

CrazyDuchess Wed 01-Jun-16 10:52:45

Nope wasn't offended - just questioning choice of analogy

Draylon Wed 01-Jun-16 11:32:14

And I answered.

CrazyDuchess Wed 01-Jun-16 14:25:01

Ditto!

CrazyDuchess Wed 01-Jun-16 14:37:01

flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now