Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Kitchen Cabinet Units

(12 Posts)
sum11 Mon 30-May-16 23:41:47

Redoing our kitchen, to keep the cost down we are using independent kitchen fitter and buying all the bits ourselves.

We have already bought premium quality kitchen cabinet doors and wilsonart hd laminate worktops but struggling from where we can buy kitchen cabinet units (13 units in total). Visited local B&Q store and their cookie and Lewis range seems ok to us but reviews are mixed, so confused now if we can get some help here please.. I m only after kitchen cabinet units (wall and base). Thanks.

sum11 Tue 31-May-16 17:02:38

Please help...

namechangedtoday15 Tue 31-May-16 17:04:56

If you are happy with what you want, have a look at DIY Kitchens.

sum11 Tue 31-May-16 17:09:48

so no to B&Q cookie and lewis range?

PigletJohn Tue 31-May-16 17:54:04

If you have found a trusted fitter, ask her advice.

Chances are she has installed more kitchens of different makes than all the rest of us put together, and will also know the local suppliers.

namechangedtoday15 Tue 31-May-16 17:57:00

I wouldn't use B&Q but thats because I think the quality is poor.

I'd also be tempted to look at IKEA - but better value than anything in B&Q.

sum11 Tue 31-May-16 18:16:52

He has recommend howdens for cabinets. I am thinking it will be huge difference price wise?

namechangedtoday15 Tue 31-May-16 20:45:58

I am guessing (and this is only a guess) that he stands to benefit from an order at Howdens - he'll get a bigger trade discount the more business he puts their way which means he can offer more competitive prices in the future. I think if you do a search in the advanced search here using Howdens / b&q / DIY Kitchens you 'll get opinions as to how they rate for value for money.

sum11 Tue 31-May-16 21:49:07

Howdens only deal with builders/trade only, I called howdens local store but refused to give me price list so I have to request my builder to get the quote... I got quotation from B&Q and the price is reasonable. Will check DIY kitchens as you have mentioned before in one of your post..

sum11 Tue 31-May-16 21:55:29

Checked diy kitchens .... Message...... Please note that we now supply all our kitchen units with doors/drawers fitted as standard.
Your units will arrive fully rigid with all doors/drawer fronts pre-fitted (this is now included in the price of our units
and no additional fittings costs will be charged at the checkout phase)

sum11 Wed 01-Jun-16 09:31:31

Checked again with diy kitchens they now supply kitchen units with door and drawers fitted as standard.

concertplayer Wed 01-Jun-16 10:56:24

I would avoid the multiple personally. Get a local independent firm to supply
and fit.More personal service and they take pride in their work
Better quality and service.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now