Talk

Advanced search

Garden issue AIBU?

(2 Posts)
p2nmh Sun 29-May-16 22:00:08

First of all. Hello all. I'm usually a silent reader but thank you all in advance for reading and for any responses.
Ok so here goes. So I live in a two bed maisonettes with a front garden and shared back garden. The problem is the access to my back garden I have to walk round my neighbours stairs which lead down from their garden door and straight into there garden, I have to walk past their garden to then access my garden, here in lies the issue as I feel uncomfortable having to walk past another family to access my garden so hence I don't really use my back garden, as I rent my property from my LA I recently applied for the RTB (Right to buy) and was told as part of the process I would need to have a survey completed (hope I used the right word-or is it a surveyor?) either way when the surveyor came to visit he informed me that I didn't actually have to be sharing my garden with my neighbours but that it was something that the council offers as a gesture of goodwill, whilst my neighbours are lovely the access to my own garden is becoming an issue. Of late I have noticed that someone has been trimming away at my front garden bush as if to make access into my front garden, in the past I have spoken to my neighbours about non access to my front garden and thought this was no longer a problem, as I have a wheelie bin I have now placed it where my bush has been cut away to avoid any further discussions and to I suppose be a deterrent/ gentle reminder to leave well enough alone. I guess my question is how to approach the front garden issue and what to do with the back garden access or do I maybe just leave well alone. Is there anywhere I can go to, to find out about who ideally has full access and rights to the back garden?
(

Gazelda Sun 29-May-16 22:05:21

Surely your rental agreement with the LA will outline your access and useage rights to each garden? It would certainly need to be clarified before going ahead with a mortgage (which I presume you'll be needing to buy).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now