Hypothetical question

(4 Posts)
AvonCallingBarksdale Thu 26-May-16 10:04:02

So, if a person had put an offer on house A, which was accepted but then sellers of House A couldn't find anywhere meaning a person then carried on looking and found House B and then put an offer on House B, which was accepted, should they now immediately withdraw the offer on House A? Both houses perfect. From a buyers point of view, is it "allowed"/ethical/OK to hedge bets? At what point would a person have to withdraw?
Thanks.

StepAwayFromTheThesaurus Thu 26-May-16 10:21:33

Don't hedge your bets. That's not fair.

AvonCallingBarksdale Thu 26-May-16 10:26:43

I know, I know. There's the potential for House B falling through and then House A not being available any more, but that's a risk associated with house-buying, isn't it... I know you're right.

bilbodog Thu 26-May-16 11:48:25

Buying a home is the most expensive thing you are likely to do. Look at each house potential chain and decide which one to go forward with and then withdraw from the other one - you cant really proceed with 2 purchases at the same time and other parties will not be able to trust you if you havent fully commited yourself to one purchase.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now