Talk

Advanced search

which carpet colour for rental flat?

(12 Posts)
Willow33 Wed 25-May-16 12:08:10

My family have bought a flat to rent out and currently it is being refurbished. Which of these carpets do you think is best? Sorry not good at doing links on phone.

http://www.astracarpets.co.uk/index.php/catalogsearch/result/?q=pewter&x=-955&y=-177

or

http://www.ukfloorshop.co.uk/condor-astra-cord-100-polypropylene-carpet-4-metre--5-metre-available-colour-91-chestnut-4--vat-per-sq-mtr-275511-p.asp

Hope that works! Basically Astra condor carpets in either Pewter or Chestnut.

specialsubject Wed 25-May-16 15:32:49

they both look a bit dark - is the room really light?

make sure you put down decent underlay which you may be able to reuse when you replace the carpet.

whois Wed 25-May-16 18:02:47

The second one. The first is really dark.

I went for a mottled beige carpet when I redid carpets in my rental. Actually looked really good and hid marks pretty well. I went for about the cheapest carpet possible on the assumption that it wouldn't be looked after anyway and I would be replacing regularly.

Willow33 Wed 25-May-16 18:48:35

The Pewter is a mid grey and the Chestnut is a mottled brown. I thought the first - the grey would be more contemporary.

daftbesom Wed 25-May-16 18:53:45

I second the idea of underlay, and a mottled colour as it shows stains much less - and There Will Be Stains ...

I can't really tell if the ones you ask about are mottled. Of the two, I prefer the pewter.

BeauGlacons Wed 25-May-16 18:58:34

I can't access but if you must have carpet something off dark beige with flecks, sisal in common parts,works well too. Even better, wooden floors or good quality laminate.

Willow33 Wed 25-May-16 20:35:05

Pewter one

Chestnut one

Hope these links work better now.

Systine Wed 25-May-16 21:36:55

Try to avoid carpet in a rental. I know quite a lot of people will not rent a property because of carpet. Too hard to maintain.

Willow33 Wed 25-May-16 23:15:39

Definitely going to be carpet. It's in a good area and will easily rent out.

PippaFawcett Thu 26-May-16 09:55:57

The grey reminds me of school/office so that would put me off and the second one is a bit sludgey. I do like carpet though as it is cosier but all the rentals I have had in the past have been more neutral than that.

cittigirl Thu 26-May-16 10:02:02

This is pretty standard for rentals. Ash brown

Willow33 Fri 27-May-16 00:30:50

Yes, I think we are going to go for a mottled brown. Thanks to all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now