Talk

Advanced search

Bathroom layout?

(13 Posts)
namechangedtoday15 Mon 23-May-16 14:22:47

Bathroom (post renovation) is going to be quite small (approx 1.8m x 2.6m). Door will be on short wall, bath will be across the opposite short wall and toilet and sink will be side by side on one of long walls.

So question is - would you have bath / sink / toilet?

Or bath / toilet / sink?

(Photos attached not as choice of decor, just of positionning)

whois Mon 23-May-16 14:31:06

I prefer sink next to bath because then cleaning stuff/loo brush can go by toilet in the corner and they are pretty out of the way.

Also there is more room when getting out of the bath to dry self and can have towel rail opposite sink by bath.

One bathmat also then does for both sink and bath.

No strong feelings either way tho. I wouldn't not buy your house if you did it the other way!

sweetheart Mon 23-May-16 14:32:24

Sink next to the bath for sure - you don't want your head down near the toilet bowl when you're relaxing in a bath.

namechangedtoday15 Tue 24-May-16 15:24:17

Thank you! It didnt even cross my mind being in the bath with the toilet next to the toilet!

CodyKing Tue 24-May-16 15:26:23

I suppose if you have one bathroom and you're in the bath - kids popping in for a wee would be better to have the view blocked by the sink!

namechangedtoday15 Tue 24-May-16 15:41:00

We have a downstairs loo and will have an ensuite, but I am partial to a soak in the bath and with 3 children who do not understand mummy time, there is often interruption smile

NotPennysBoat Tue 24-May-16 20:58:28

Just to put another POV across - I like having the loo next to the bath so I can sit on the loo and Mumsnet while supervising kids bath time!

SwedishEdith Tue 24-May-16 21:40:32

The toilet is handy for putting books, wine and towels on when you're in the bath.

ChablisTyrant Tue 24-May-16 22:15:17

I think the conventional view is sink next to bath. Though I also love to sit on toilet during kids bath time!

CodyKing Tue 24-May-16 22:36:57

Both our bathrooms have the toilet next to the bath - I did think once it would be handy if you had diarrhoea and sickness at the same time as you could lean over the bath .... TMI

Hasn't happened to me yet!

Believeitornot Wed 25-May-16 09:15:23

Depends on the window placement. Where is it?

We are having our bath remodelled and will move the toilet so it is bath/toilet/sink instead of bath/sink/toilet

The reason is because of our window - we want to maximise wall space so having the toilet under the window makes more sense.

namechangedtoday15 Wed 25-May-16 09:34:36

Thanks everyone, really interesting!

The window is above the bath so doesn't affect wall space etc. Decisions decisions!!

sweetheart Thu 26-May-16 13:01:53

Ahhh see now I don't have young children anymore so don't have the issue of needing a seat for bath times.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now