Talk

Advanced search

End of Terrace or Semi -Detached

(7 Posts)
concertplayer Sun 22-May-16 22:22:24

Sorry silly question. Saw a house described as Semi D but actually
it is end of terrace.
I thought SD were 2 houses joined together by one wall.
Is there much difference price wise between them?
Thanks

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Sun 22-May-16 22:23:24

End of terrace are normally cheaper. But I suppose if you live in an end of terrace it is no different to being in a semi.

LyndaNotLinda Sun 22-May-16 22:28:29

Well effectively they're the same - you share one wall. But sometimes terraces have a shared loftspace and if you're looking at typical edwardian/victorian housing, terraced houses tend to be smaller than semis.

PigletJohn Sun 22-May-16 23:38:52

there is a tendency (apart from some quite grand terraces near town centres) for terraced houses to be have been built to a lower standard than semi's.

You may find smaller bedrooms, lower ceilings, simpler joinery, smaller fireplaces, lower windows... lots of little things. The builders/developers were aiming for a different price point.

SpringSpringSpring Mon 23-May-16 09:52:08

One big advantage to an end terrace is that your neighbour has two neighbors which means that you should be less likely to have noise issues with them - and if you do at least there are two accounts of the noise so it can get dealt with more quickly (bitter experience of anti-social neighbour means I always look at these things!)

Ughnotagain Mon 23-May-16 10:02:49

Spring I wouldn't count on it. We live in an end back to back terrace (so have two sets of neighbours) and our back neighbour is a noisy inconsiderate arsehole.

FoxyLoxy123 Mon 23-May-16 20:58:19

We nearly bought an end terrace. I was surprised just how much cheaper they are compared to semis. I thought they were more or less the same, but they aren't.

Some mid terraces have right of way across the end of terrace's garden I found too. Right of way over my garden would be a deal breaker.

I hate all this link detached/semi if it's only joined by a garage thing. I've seen many houses wrongly described I think it's so they're not filtered out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now