Talk

Advanced search

Dulux timeless?

(12 Posts)
ForSaleChesterDraws Sat 21-May-16 10:47:16

Help! I know you guys love this colour. What formulation do you like best?
Diamond- the most £££ but gets great reviews
Endurance- mid priced and gets mixed reviews- is it really wipeable?
Regular matt emulsion- really varied reviews.
Get another paint and if so what?
It's for the hall stairs and landing.
Thanks!

PolterGoose Sat 21-May-16 11:05:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ForSaleChesterDraws Sat 21-May-16 15:44:34

Thank you

StepAwayFromTheThesaurus Sat 21-May-16 15:50:45

We've got diamond everywhere. It's absolutely fine, and definitely scrubbable. It's really easy to paint with and you get good coverage. The diamond matt is properly matt too.

ForSaleChesterDraws Sat 21-May-16 16:58:48

Have you tried other formulas of Dulux paint? Do you reckon the extra is worth it then?

PolterGoose Sat 21-May-16 17:01:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

YouCannotPossiblyBeHungry Sat 21-May-16 17:42:28

I thought Diamond was the trade version of Endurance? Anyway, I've always used Diamond and it's been great .

Mrscog Sat 21-May-16 17:46:57

I've got the standard version in our bedroom and it looks great - not s high traffic area though obv.

spottytable Sat 21-May-16 18:24:45

I've got timeless endurance throughout my house and timeless kitchen. I'm not sure about wipe ability though. I've tried wiping marks off with no success!

Dolly80 Sat 21-May-16 18:34:49

Ive got the standard in my living room and whilst I can easily wipe off the odd grubby mark I'm not sure it would stand up that well to anything that needed to be scrubbed off. Looks lovely though.

ForSaleChesterDraws Sat 21-May-16 20:03:43

YouCannotPossiblyBeHungry- no diamond and endurance are different formulas. The diamond has more pigment but is meant to be harder to work with.

StepAwayFromTheThesaurus Sat 21-May-16 20:13:45

The diamond Matt is really easy to work with. If I can use it, anyone can!

It is totally scrubbable. Washing the walls in the hallway (which attract a lot of mucky little handprints) made it come up like new.

We're about to move and we'll use diamond matt again in the new house when we paint. Tbh, it's actually quicker to go to a dulux decorator centre than it is to trail around B&Q. They gave us a discount card in there to get a bit of money off too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now