Talk

Advanced search

Is it possible to be bigger coving over small coving?

(6 Posts)
BeYourselfUnlessUCanBeAUnicorn Thu 19-May-16 20:20:51

We are decorating our bedroom and there is some very shitty polystyrene coving up. DH has tried painting it to make it look better but it still looks the same. It is very narrow. I haven't actually seen coving this small. Is it possible to get the normal size coving and stick it over the top? DH doesn't think so but I'm not so sure.

PigletJohn Thu 19-May-16 20:26:23

possibly, but you would have to get a bit and hold it up to see.

If it's polystyrene, why don't you just get the old stuff off with a broad metal scraper?

BeYourselfUnlessUCanBeAUnicorn Thu 19-May-16 21:25:41

Because we have already decorated, whoops. Thought it would cover easily with paint. It doesn't even look like it has been painted at all.

dontcallmelen Fri 20-May-16 15:53:50

Hi I know homebase do different widths of coving, they do both polystyrene & plaster, not sure if it would go over the existing, worth a try though, it might work.

PigletJohn Fri 20-May-16 22:14:50

buy a corner piece, that's more likely to be tricky than a straight run. Also you won't need to buy a great pack.

It's possible to mitre the straight pieces to make a corner, but you should be able to find them readymade.

FoxyLoxy123 Fri 20-May-16 22:30:27

Adhesive over the joins, sand it down and repaint?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now